Best Selling Bolt Cutters for Master Locks
There are many situations when you have lost your house keys or the padlock keys, or have forgotten your master lock combination. And the unfortunate incident involves calling a locksmith, waiting till the lock gets repaired, and go through a lot of additional problems. But, you can save yourself from all those hassles. You need a simple gadget- the best bolt cutters for master locks. Here, in this article, you will find the best bolt cutters that you may purchase.
Well, as you can see, the bolt cutters are mighty machines. They are simple, yet can come handy in opening chains, nails, links, and even the hardest master locks. It is a particular machine that can easily cut the hardened steel locks in seconds. Therefore, you get relief from any lock-related problem faster, and you even do not need to wait for hours to get the problem fixed.
You need to read this article till the end. If you want to buy the best bolt cutters for the master locks, in case you need some extra guidance, check the buying guide at the end to get the proper suggestion.
8 Best Bolt Cutters for Master Locks Review
1. HK PORTER 0190MCD Power link Bolt Cutter (24 inches)
- For use on: bolts, rods, screws, chain, bailing wire, electric wire, padlock hasps, chain link...
- Precision ground, induction hardened cutting blades for extended edge life and cutting hard...
HK Porter is one of the trusted names in the case of the bolt cutters. The 0190MCD model comes with its extraordinary Power link geometry along with a unique computerized design. Therefore, you get a bolt cutter that is strong, efficient, and can open any master lock without much difficulty. It allows you to cut things by applying less power and, in turn, saves you from exhaustion. It is durable, reliable, and is reasonable for any beginner.
- Powerlink technology that allows giving more power while cutting something. Hence, you get to experience 30 percent reduced cutting effort and complete the job faster.
- The model has a computer-based design for precision ground.
- The makers use induction hardened steel cutting blades that are better at cutting even the hardest materials. Additionally, the blades also last longer.
It is a bolt cutter that can cut bolts, rods, chain, baling wire, electric wire, screws. Moreover, it is among the best bolt cutters for master locks.
- It is a bolt cutter from the leading brand HK Porter and is exceptionally durable
- The cutter needs 30 percent less cutting effort
- The blades of tubular steel can withstand tough tasks.
- You can open the handles of this bolt cutter nearly 180 degrees to get some extra leverage.
- It is an excellent buy for padlock hasps and wires.
- According to some users, the power link mechanism seems to be stiff with a new machine. But, it becomes more comfortable with time.
The HK Porter 0190MCD power link Bolt Cutter is a great buy. It is versatile and allows you to cut a lot of things with less effort.
2. Ridgid Heavy Duty Bolt Cutters
- Sturdy hardened alloy steel jaws are designed and manufactured for maximum blade life
- One-step internal cam mechanism maintains precise blade alignment
Do you need something that is an excellent tool for cutting the master padlocks without any problem? Then you need to buy the Ridgid Heavy Duty Bolt Cutter. It is the best choice for you. The alloy settle blades can cut through even the most hardened metal. And it comes from Ridgid, the famous tool maker brand since 1923. It is a durable bolt cutter that is easy to use and requires almost no Maintainance.
Additionally, it is incredibly lightweight. And the internal cam system allows you to cut through your padlocks accurately in a single stoke. The Heavy Duty bolt cutter is available in different sizes from 19 inches to 38 inches- and you can choose any model you want. The 38-inch model is capable fo cutting through 1-inch deep metal swiftly.
- Alloy steel jaws for easy cutting
- The one-step internal cam system allows you to cut everything with proper accuracy.
- The handles have a superior grip for your convenience. It also offers a center cut.
- It is available in different sizes so that anyone can cut objects ranging from 5 cm to 1 inch.
- The bolt cutter can cut even the hardest metal sheet with its durable steel blades.
- It is an excellent choice against the value.
- The handle to the cutter seems a little stiff.
- The grip is also not very easy for some people.
If you need to buy an all in one product that allows you to cut standard metals sheets and even the most durable padlocks then the Ridgid Heavy Duty Both Cutter is your best choice.
3. Neiko Heavy Duty Bolt Cutters
- CHROME MOLY STEEL: 36-inch premium Cr-Mo steel jaws cut through harder objects than chrome vanadium...
- DURABLE BLADES: High-frequency, heat treated blades resist damage and dents in tough applications
If you are searching for the best bolt cutters for a master lock, then Neiko Heavy FDuty cutter is a must on your list. It is a range that comes in seven different sizes of 12 inches to 42 inches. The chromium enriched steel blades, the unique design- everything makes it an excellent bolt cutter. And the most significant benefit? You can even cut the master lock with it; It is a flexible cutter that allows you to adjust the clearance as per your preference. It is so strong that you can easily cut through a ¾ inch regular metal bar in just a few tries.
- The steel blade is an allow steel with chromium and Molybdenum. It is harder than regular steel and will enable you to cut through any hard metal object. Additionally, the blades are strong. Hence, they can make withs damages while you are busy cutting things.
- If you want something comfortable, then the Neiko heavy duty bolt cutter will give you that because its ergonomic handles make everything easier.
- It also comes with the lever-fulcrum design that allows you to complete your daunting task with less effort.
- It can cut metal bars, chains, padlocks bolts, threaded rods, wires, and other metal objects.
- Heat- hardened heavy-duty Cr-Mo enriched blade for cutting sturdy metal object
- You can choose among the seven available sixes
- The ergonomic handle makes working easier.
- You can also adjust the clearance of the blade for easy leverage.
- Although the handle is ergonomically designed, its grips are not that much comfortable.
- Users have expressed mixed reviews about the performance.
Well, it is an excellent bolt cutter. But, the Neiko Heavy Duty Bolt Cutter has a mixed review- for cutting padlocks. You need to apply the right techniques to cut a padlock, or you may struggle for some time. But it is a good buy.
4. Trekton Bolt Cutter
- Drop forged hardened alloy steel jaws
- Compound cutting action requires less effort
The list of bolt cutters is incomplete without mentioning Trekton Bolt Cutter. Trekton is a brand that offers premium quality tools in a reasonable budget range. The Trekton Bolt cutters can be your ideal choice if you need something compact and handy. It is perfect for cutting master padlocks, bolts, chains, threaded rods, and durable metal objects. It allows you incredible power without a lot of effort. Hence, you do not have any chances of getting tired whole cutting a padlock. The sim cutting jaw is enough for cutting through the most challenging shapes without any hassle. Moreover, if you need a rugged tool, choose Trekton.
- The forged alloy steel haws are powerful enough to cut through the most reliable locks.
- Trekton Heavy DFuty Bolt Cutter comes with the innovative compound cutting action. It allows you to cut strong locks by giving lesser effort.
- The rolled steel handles come with thick non-slip rubber paddings. Therefore, you can hold the cutter for a long time, and there is no chance of slipping.
- It is available in different sizes like 8 inches, 12 inches, 14 inches, 18 inches, 30 inches, and 36 inches. You can choose any model you want.
- It can cut padlocks, master locks, chains, threaded rods, and metal bars, etc. with equal effort.
- Hardened steel jaw for cutting things without giving a lot of effort
- The ergonomic design with rolled handles is a bliss. The non-slip padding prevents and accidental slipping of the tool.
- It is a durable tool.
- The price is very reasonable.
- Trekton Heavy Duty Bolt Cutter is available in multiple sizes.
- It is a little massive tool. Therefore if you do not like handling heavier cutters, you need to avoid it.
- The handle padding has a chance of getting damaged after some time.
Trekton Heavy Duty Bolt Cutter is a great machine that is a reasonable budget. In case you are searching for a good bolt cutter without a budget range, you can buy it.
5. Olympia Tools 39-114 Power Grip Bolt Cutters
- Patented folding handles allow bolt Cutters to easily fit into a bag
- Cr-mo hardened-steel cutting heads
Olympia Tools 39-114 Power Grip Bolt CuttersCompact Bolt Cutters is the best bolt cutters for master locks, especially padlocks. It is compact, small, yet efficient. And, you can carry this lightweight cutter to any place. It is a portable bolt and locks cutter that you can carry in even your small backpack. But Olympia Tools 39-114 Power Grip Bolt Cutters does not compromise in its service. It is a real robust cutter with durable blades, ergonomic design, and accurate cutting power. Therefore, Olympia Tools 39-114 Power Grip Bolt Cutters needs to be on your list for sure.
- It comes with unique and patent-holding folding handles. That means you can fold the bolt cutter and store it in a small place and carry it whenever you want.
- The handle is ergonomic, and you can handle it with even a single hand.
- The Cr- Mo steel blade can cut through padlocks and other metal objects with propr accuracy.’
- It is a compact bolt cutter with properly aligned blades that can work in even the harshest working environments.
- A portable bolt cutter that you can carry in your bag.
- It has unique foldable and robust handles for a better grip.
- Olympia Bolt Cutter is available in different sizes.
- The price is very reasonable.
- You do not get a carrying case with this cutter. Hence, you need to make your arrangements.
- All the sizes may not be available all the time.
Buyers who need to buy a lightweight and portable bolt cutter can choose Olympia Tools 30-114 Power Grip Cutter. It is an excellent choice in a low budget. But, you need to select the right size for cutting the right padlock. Hence, choose the size carefully.
6. Capri Tools Klinge Mini Bolt Cutter
- Easily cut through wires, threaded rods, bolts, chains, and more
- Extremely handy for cutting on the go
The sixth entry in this list is the small but mighty Capri Tools Klinge Mini Bolt Cutter. Please do not go on its small size, because it can be one of the valued tools in your toolbox. Capri mini bolt cutter is only eight inches long but can cut through any average master padlock with accuracy. Additionally, it also allows you to efficiently cut through metal objects without applying a lot of force. It is ergonomic, durable, and has sharp cutting blades for your convenience.
- Strong chromium- Molkybodenum alloy steel blade with a unique design for cutting on the go. The cutting blades are very robust and last long.
- It comes with the extraordinary leverage design to put more force on the machine with minimum effort.
- It is portable, and you can carry the mini bolt cutter without fuss.
- The grips are comfortable and do not cause any pain in your hands.
- Capri Tools Klinge is the right choice for those who need something on the go. It is small, yet it comes handy.
- As a mini cutter, it comes with a budget-friendly price tag.
- You get ten years of manufacturing warranty from the manufacturers.
- The mini bolt cutter is efficient in cutting multiple metal objects.
- It offers comfortable grips for better handling.
- It may not be the most crucial choice for cutting reliable and more significant master locks.
- The Capri mini bolt cutter is mot long-lasting as a whole.
- You do not get a carrying case with this model.
Overall, Capri Mini Bolt Cutter is an excellent machine in budget and can cut through medium padlocks. It is also an excellent option for travelers. But, it is not the right choice for stong bolts, threaded nails and roles, and even the more significant padlocks.
7. GreatNeck BC30 30 Inch Bolt Cutters
- Forged S2 steel construction for cutting power
- Hardened cutting edge for long life
The next suggest cutter is the GreatNeck BC30 30 inch cutter. It is a people’s favorite model from the house of renowned brand GeeatNeck. And, the USA based manufacturer does not disappoint with this particular model. It is one of the excellent bolt cutters in a medium budget range and can cut through solid metal objects. The string steel blade with a hardened edge can open any secure master lock. The best news? You get a lifetime warranty with it. Hence, you do not heed to worry if the cutter gets damaged.
- Machine forged S2 steel blade with the right cutting power to cut locks and threaded metal bars. Additionally, the cutting edge is heat hardened and makes it super long-lasting.
- You get long ergonomic grip handles to complete your task without any problem.
- The non-slip grips offer enough comfort.
- It is among the best bolt cutters for master locks in a decent budget.
- You get a lifetime warranty with this model.
- The BC30 model can cut even the most robust master locks with its sharp cutting blades.
- The non-slip handles with enough grip.
- Heat hardened S2 steel blade for accuracy and effortless cutting.
- GreatNeck BC30 is not right bolt cutter to cut small padlocks.
- It comes with very long handles. If you are of a compact structure, you may not be comfortable with it.
If you have more giant padlocks or want to buy a bolt cutter that can cut through the strongest and hardened steel objects, buy this BC30 model. But, it may not be the right choice as an all-rounder master lock cutter because it is not suitable for cutting smaller locks and small metal items.
8. Fiskars Power Gear Bolt Cutter
- PowerGear patented technology boasts leverage-enhancing gears that give you over 30 percent more...
- Adjustable eccentric bolts allow you to optimize jaw to maintain cut performance over time
The last entry in this list for best bolt cutters for master locks is the Fiskers Power Gear Bolt Cutter. It is a next-gen bolt cutter made with innovative technology. From the design to the creative power grip technology- everything is premium and futuristic. The sharp blades can open any master padlock without any struggle, And it comes with adjustable bolts for enhanced performance. Moreover, it is also a delight for the budget watchers.
- Innovative Power Gear technology enhances the leverage power and allows you to cut through metal locks by putting less effort. In reality, this cutter can provide you with nearly 30 percent extra power while you use it.
- The forged and heat hardened steel blades are sharp and retain their sharpness for a long time.
- It is ideal for heavy use and can resist damages easily.
- The ergonomic handles have soft grips so that you can control the cropper with comfort.
- The cutting jaw comes with adjustable electric bolts. It is helpful if you need to maintain your aim accurately.
- Forged and sturdy blades remain sharp even after prolonged use.
- Powergrip technology for zlome extra power
- Soft grip handles that offer you comfort.
- You get a lifetime warranty with this bolt cutter.
- Fiskers power Gear Bolt Cutter is available in two different sizes- 14 inches and 24 inches.
- It is a versatile machine that can cut master padlocks, chains, metal bars, threaded rods any many more.
- It is on the heavier side.
- The Fiskars bolt cutter is expensive.
Fiskers power Gear Bolt Cutter is an excellent cutter for any person. It is efficient and lasts for a long time. But, the price tag is a little bit expensive. Hence, you may bot be able to buy it if you are on a tight budget.
You are finding a bolt cutter that can help you open the padlocks and master locks. Therefore, it is inevitable that not every bolt cutter will be capable of doing that tough job. If you do not choose wisely, there are g=huigh chances for the bolt cutter to be broken. So, it will be useless. You do not want to waste your money and time buying something that is not right for doing the job. Then what to do? How to choose the right bolt cutter? The answer is simple. You need to follow these points to buy the right bolt cutter-
Check the blade strength
Master locks are robust, and you need something that can cut through these tough nuts. It is better to choose a cutter with heat-hardened and forged steel blades. If the steel is Cr-Mo steel, then it is the best.
Additionally, high quality and durable blades require less amount of Maintenance and retain its sharpness for a long time. Buy a cutter that can retain its sharpness for some time.
The size of the cutter matters
If you want to buy a bolt cutter capable of opening master locks, then you need to have a jaw capacity of minimum 5/16 inch. Therefore, a smaller cutter will not be enough. You need to buy croppers with 18 to 36 inch long blades for opening the bigger locks.
Check the design of the cutter
The handle of any bolt cutter matters a lot. It should be comfortable, ergonomic, and easy to hold. A small handle or even a long handle may not be suitable for you. Handles with a slight curvature works great because they require less amount of pressure. Additionally, check the grip of the handle. A handle with rubber padding or non-slip grip is ideal for breaking locks.
What is the weight of the cutter
Always check the weight of the bolt cutter before you buy it because the extra weight is a burden that makes opening the difficult job of opening a master lock more difficult. Hence, purchase something lighter, but not extremely light. Try to buy a bolt cutter with weight ranging from 5 to 10 pounds fro the right performance.
Check the cutting mechanism
Last but not least, make sure to check the cutting mechanism. Buy something that provides leverage and requires less force. It will help you to complete the daunting task of opening locks with less effort.
Adjustable cutters are a bliss. Because they allow you to use the cutter for multiple jobs, it is always better to buy something that can deal with various objects of different thicknesses. Hence, check the adjustability of the jaw before you finalize a model.
Check the vitality
You are buying a bolt cutter for your home. That means you will not buy multiple cutters for different tasks. Hence, it is a wise to buy a cutter that deals with threaded rods, metal bars, bolts, screws beside a master lock. A versatile cutter is your ideal choice for personal use.