Best Selling Espresso Machines Under $500
A morning cup of coffee is the best way to kick start your busy day. The caffeine will keep you energized and will provide you with that much-needed relief. You might like an espresso shot or a latte or a normal filter cappuccino. But, nothing beats the popularity of coffee.
An espresso machine is one of the best ways to get the right coffee for you. These machines brew fresh coffee by forcing a jet stream of boiled water through freshly ground coffee. This, in turn, provides a thock and highly caffeinated concentrate of coffee that can be used to make further other variations.
Espresso machines originated in Italy and have gradually become one of the integral part of any barista. The truth is, espresso machines are often expensive. But, if you want to brew the perfect concoction for your guests and patrons or even in your home, you need to own an espresso machine.
This article is all about the affordable espresso machines. Here you can find the best espresso machines under 500. All of these machines are affordable but offers great results. Read till the end to know more.
Top 10 Espresso Machine under $500 Review
1. Breville BES840XL
- Pre infusion function applies low water pressure at the start of the extraction to gently expand...
- 1600 watts thermocoil heating system with integrated stainless steel water coil accurately controls...
This is a comparatively recent release from Breville. This model is among the best espresso machine under 500. It offers all the features as the premium machines, but the cost is extremely affordable. The 1600 watt machine comes with thermocoil heating system for the best brews. And you can also make both single and double shots from here. It is energy-saving and requires less power. So, if you want to buy the best machine in this available range, Breville BES840XL is your ideal choice.
- Auto purge Temperature control system that keeps the temperature of eater in the right range, The 1600 watt Thermocoil heating system is for offering you a piping hot cup of espresso.
- The intelligent pre-infusion function starts with low-pressure water stream and gradually increases it for proper procedure.
- The 15 bar water pump can effectively control the water volume to prevent prest or any type of manual override. It also nullifies any chance of water splashing during the coffee-making procedure.
- You can make single or double shots as per your convenience. This machine comes with an extra-tall coffee port that allows you to directly pour the brew in a travel mug.
- This machine comes with power-saving systems like auto shut-off and sleep mode for saving energy while the machine is not in use.
- The pre-infusion process for a better brew
- The removable 61-ounce water tank
- 1600 watt thermocoil heating system for proper temperature management.
- You can make single or double shots as per your preference.
- You get multiple accessories with the machine
- There is a separate channel for hot water
- The machine automatically activates the power-saver mode after an hour.
- It shuts down automatically after three hours
- The extra-tall cup clearance allows you to put the espresso in travel-friendly mugs
- You also get a special system for micro-foam milk texturing.
- The company provides only one year warranty period. So, if it encounters any problem after the warranty period you need to spend a lot of money on repairs.
- The steam ring can easily wear with time.
2. Gaggia Brera Super AUtomatic Espresso Machine
- FROTHING FOR MILK BEVERAGES: Pannarello wand frothing for cappuccinos & lattes. Wand doubles as a...
- EASY ACCESS: The dregs drawer, drip tray, and water tank are all within reach and accessible from...
The best espresso machine under 500 which is fully automatic. It is fully automatic and offers all the functions that you can expect from an intelligent and automatic espresso brewer. But the price is amazing. This machine from Gaggia also comes with pre-infusion technology. It is adjustable. You can change the height and use a dual-purpose water dispenser cum milk frother to offer the best brew for anyone.
- Gaggia Prera has a push-button system along with an LED display that offers every detail while you are operating the machine.
- This machine has rapid steam technology. That means it warms the water faster for fast brewing.
- 1250 watt fully automatic machine comes with 250-gram coffee bean tank.
- This machine has a Pannarello wand frother that you can use to make lattes or cappuccinos. It is also a water dispenser for making tea or brewing Americano coffee.
- This model from Gaggia allows easy cleaning of the drip tray, dregs drawer and for the water tank. All of these sections are easy to reach from the front sections.
- You can adjust the cup height from 3.25 inches to 4.5 inches for supporting the taller and bigger cups.
- It also supports a 1-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- You can brew directly from the beans or even from pre-ground code
- You can program brewing features as per your preference
- It supports pre-infusion technology for even concoction
- The water reservoir and drag box pull are easy to maintain and easy to clean.
- You get a frothing water cum hot water outlet.
- Adjustable cup height for different cup sizes.
- You can get instant hot water or steam as per demand.
- There can be accidental leaks.
- The water tanks require frequent refills if the machine is working constantly.
- The maintenance charge is higher.
- This machine has only one boiler.
3. De’Longhi EC680M Dedica 15-bar Pump Espresso machine
- BREW LIKE A PRO: Whatever your preference – single or double espresso, cappuccino or latte – the...
- YOUR FOAM, YOUR WAY: A manual frother mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth for evenly...
This is one of the most affordable machines among the best espresso machine under 500. It is one of the cheapest models but it does not compromise in the features. If you have a very short space in your kitchen but need an espresso machine, the Delonghi EC680M Dedica is your ideal choice. The machine has a stainless steel body. So, it is durable and compact. It is only six inches wide but comes with the power of 15-bar pressure. Hence, if you are on a tight budget you can easily buy it.
- This machine allows you to brew a single shot espresso or double shot espresso or even latte or cappuccino without much problem. It is great for home use and also for small-time cafes. The twin brewing cycle ensures you the perfect drink.
- You can also brew multiple shots of espresso with a three-in-one filter holder and easy-serve espresso pods.
- The adjustable bottom tray allows you to change the cup size for extra-large drinks.
- You also get a removable water reservoir for your convenience.
- This machine is a delight for those who want to invest in a compact design. It is small but is a powerhouse performer.
- The stainless steel body is durable and can withstand all types of damages easily.
- This is a very small machine and only requires half a feet wide area.
- This is an user0freidnly machine and you can operate it without any problem.
- The adjustable drip tray allows you to place larger and taller cups whenever you want more drinks.
- The 15 bar pump pressure is great.
- You get a manual frother for your convenience and customization.
- The filter holder can brew a single shot or double shots or espresso pods.
- This machine has a problem with leakage.
- It may not last long with extensive use.
4. Breville “Duo Temp Pro” Espresso Machine
- 15 bar Italian made pump starts with low pressure to bloom coffee grounds, then gradually increases...
- Extract one or two espresso shots at a time; Manual control of espresso shot volume
Another model from Breville. This is one of the affordable models from Breville. The stainless steel body ensures a durable machine that lasts for a long time. Its PID temperature control and pre-infusion function allow you to brew the right cup in each session. Its water tank is also great as it requires less refill. The Breville “Duo Temp Pro” Espresso Machine allows you to make coffees as per your preference. So, you will never have any problem with it.
- The 15-bar pump applies low pressure at the first stage of the brewing and increases its pressure with time for the perfect brew.
- You can make one or two shots as per your preference and you can also control the volume of the shots.
- The single and dual wall filter baskets that aloe you to use pre-ground coffee or freshly grind in beans fro a better taste.
- You get a steamer cum frother with this machine. Therefore, you can use the dispenser for hot water or for adding some extra cream in your coffee.
- The kit comprises of the main machine, razor dose trimming tool, stainless steel milk pot, water filter holder, single and dual wall-filter baskets.
- Stainless steel body for a better durability
- 15 bars of pump pressure for proper pressure control
- You can make single pr double shots together.
- The steamer cum frother is great. You can froth milk or steam water with it.
- PID control option allows you to maintain the right temperature range.
- The pre-infusion technology for the perfect cup of coffee
- 61-ounce water tank
- This Breville model does not have an exclusive hot water faucet. Which is not a great thing.
- There is no pressure gauge.
- You may need to get some training to operate the machine properly.
5. Nespresso EN550B Lattissima Touch Original Espresso Machine
- BARISTA STYLE: De’Longhi’s patented espresso extraction system creates the ideal flow of water...
- SELECTION: 6 tactile pre-programmed beverage buttons to choose your favorite drink: ristretto,...
Nespresso has its espresso machine! And it is so amazing and affordable that you will instantly be in love with this EN5508. It has everything that you need to make the perfect cuppa. The Nespresso Lattissima comes with a built-in milk frother. Which is quite great in this small budget range/ It also has a higher pressure facility(19 bars of pressure. Some you can make a cup of coffee within forty seconds in this machine. It also has an adjustable drip tray and comes with a specialized function for exclusively making lattes. This machine is very much user-friendly. So, you can clean it easily. Additionally, you also get a milk carafe for your convenience.
- This machine offers the barista class features in a small machine. So, it offers you café-like drinks with every cup.
- The 19 bars pressure machine allows you to brew faster than any other model.
- This automatic espresso machine is undoubtedly the best espresso machine under 500 if you consider its pre0installed coffee variation menu. You can make an espresso, lungo, latte, hot milk, macchiato, cappuccino or even ristretto as per your preference.
- This machine comes with De’Longhi’s “automatic cappuccino system”. This intelligent feature allows you to make layered espresso or foamy coffee like a café. The carafe dispensing unit always keeps the milk level into the desired height to make perfect foam.
- This machine also thinks about energy. So, it requires less power and comes with an energy-saving auto-off timer to shut off the machine when it is not operating.
- The thermoblock heating unit makes heating faster and allows you to maintain the right temperature to make the perfect drink.
- You get six pre-set drink options including espresso, latte etc.
- The drip tray is adjustable. You can slide it on different height to accommodate different cup sizes.
- You get an integrated milk carafe to make foam. It is removable and you can clean it easily.
- The 19-bar pressure pump makes everything way faster than you think.
- You can make coffee within 490 seconds.
- You have to use only Nespresso pods in this machine. These pods are expensive. Therefore, it can become a little expensive.
- You can not adjust the manual settings for brewing coffee.
- If you do not love latte coffee then you may not be happy with its performance.
6. KitchenAid and Nespresso Espresso maker Bundle
If you are not a fan of cappuccinos or lattes then Kitchen Aid and Nespresso Espresso Maker is your ideal choice for the best espresso machine under 500. This machine has its milk frother like a conventional espresso model but does not have a milk carafe for making lattes. another advantage is the color options. Hence you can choose a color based on the interior of your kitchen. Additionally, it is also very compact and requires less space. Hence, if you are tight on available space then this model can be your savior. Additionally, you also get six auto-brewing technique and a sliding cup shelf for using different cups.
- The easy loading capsule system makes filling the machine way easier.
- You can select the brew strength as per your preference to make the right coffee for your guest and yourself.
- The 1.3-litre movable water tank is one of the biggest benefits.
- You get six pre-set caffeine menus to make the right drink.
- You get the in-built milk further.
- The adjustable cup shelf can accommodate small and large size cups.
- You get five different color variations in this model.
- The easy to load capsules are a great benefit.
- You get a free milk frother with this machine
- You can select your preferred brew strength.
- The sliding cup shelf is also great.
- This machine cannot offer excellent espressos like the other variants from Nespresso.
- The water reservoir needs time for removal.
- You need to use only the Nespresso pods in this machine which are often expensive. So, you may need to spend more money in the long run.
7. Saeco HD8645/47 Vapore Automatic Espresso Machine, X-small
- Removable Brewing Unit - Easy to remove, rinse and replace, which helps keep maintenance simple.
- Ceramic Burr Grinder - The adjustable grinder preserves aroma without overheating the beans.
It is another reasonable espresso model on this list. This machine is extra small. So, it is great for personal use. This Saeco Vapoure Automatic model is a fully automatic espresso machine. It comes with a grinder with five different settings, a removable brewer section and a milk frother. It comes to an intelligent alert system that singles the low level of water in the water tank or if there is no coffee bean in the hopper. So, making the coffee becomes a bliss.
- A fully automatic espresso machine to brew everything conveniently.
- The machine has a removable bring compartment. So, you can remove it and clean it whenever you want. This makes the whole process of maintenance a lit simple.
- The ceramic Burr grinder comes with five adjustable grinding settings. Hence, you get the perfect coffee ground to suit your taste.
- You can control the brew volume with two different settings.
- This is an extra small machine. So, it takes very little space and you can keep it almost anywhere in your kitchen.
- Saeco Vapour Automatic Espresso Machine comes with energy-saving mode. The machine automatically gets into the standby mode after one hour. This, in turn, saves a lot more electricity.
- Five different grinding settings in the automatic grinder.
- You can remove the brewer in a single click.
- You also get a milk frother
- The standby mode saves more energy
- The very compact design makes it easy to store.
- Intelligent alarm system.
- This machine has a plastic body. That means you need to be careful while using it.
- It may require a higher maintenance cost.
- The drip tray often leaks.
- The intelligent alarm system often does not work properly.
8. Espressoorks All-in-One Cappuccino and Espresso Machine
- ✅ READY FOR USE IN 45 SECONDS- Just Add Beans! With the advanced Thermoblock fast heating system...
- ✅ EASY VIEW REMOVABLE WATER TANK- Conveniently monitor water levels of front view transparent tank...
The most budget-friendly fully automatic stainless steel machine in the category of the best espresso machine under 500. The Espresso Works machine comes with so many extensions( like built-in milk more forth) and natures and offers a great performance within this simple and cool price tag. It offers a super-fast brewing. You also get an intelligent machine that triggers the alarm if the eater tank needs a refill. Additionally, you can check the water tank level and keep the machine functioning.
- This is a fully automatic espresso machine that becomes ready for brewing within forty-five seconds. The Thermoblock fast heating system allows you to set the right temperature and offers hot steam instantly. So, you just need to add the coffee beans to start making coffee.
- The Espresso Works All-in-one set comes with a built-in milk frother and many other accessories for your convenience.
- The 1.25-litre water tank is removable. You can separate it from the machine unit and clean it whenever you want. It is also transparent. So, you get a clear idea about the water level.
- You can make perfect Americano or Macchiato or espresso from this machine. Its 15-bar pump pressure system keeps the perfection stagnant.
- The built-in frothing device also is removable. You can clean it and reinstall it. So, the maintenance process becomes easier than ever.
- You get two stainless steel filter baskets with this machine. Hence, you can make a single shot or double shots as per your preference.
- Fully automatic machine with removable water tank and milk frother for easy maintenance
- A transparent water tank allows you to check the water level from time to time.
- A wide range of accessories makes everything easier.
- You can make coffee within 45 seconds
- The 15-bar pressure pump allows even brewing experience.
- You need to brew with caution or you can get weak espresso that contains more water.
- It comes with multiple adjustment settings. Therefore you need to figure out the perfect settings to brew the right coffee.
- The machine suffers from frequent leaks and often runs the water through the grounds faster than needed.
- The grinder may be clogged with extensive use.
- You need to handle this machine with care.
9. De’Longhi America EN750MB Lattissima Pro Original Espresso Machine
- IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FOAM: The De’Longhi Automatic Cappuccino System creates perfectly layered...
- NESPRESSO CAPSULE SYSTEM: The ultimate convenience. The recyclable aluminum capsules contain the...
This is another machine for cream lovers. It provides you with the perfect foamy crème in your coffee. It is another from the house of Nespresso. So, you get perfect quality coffee in this automatic espresso machine. It comes with one-touch panels and offers you your favourite drink faster. It also accepts recyclable pods for a better and greener future.
- This machine from De’Longhi comes with intelligent features to help you in brewing the right layered espresso or cappuccino or latte within minutes. This machine offers foamy cream to sit your taste buds.
- You can use the recyclable Nespresso aluminium capsules for brewing coffee without any measurement.
- This machine comes with 19 bars of a pressure pump. Hence, the extraction of caffeine is to its finest limits and you get a perfect cup with each session.
- It also has a built-in carafe for dispensing adequate milk or foam for your coffee. It always keeps the milk tank spate from the machine. You can wash the milk unit or refrigerate it as per your convenience.
- Perfect for cream and layered coffee
- It is a faster machine and offers you coffee within minute
- The machine comes with removable parts. Therefore, you can clean it as per your convenience.
- It accommodates different types of capsules including recyclable aluminium capsules.
- The milk temperature is maximum at 160 degrees.
- The water tank is inside a plastic tube and you need time to remove it or clean it.
- It only supports expensive Nespresso pods.
10. Illy 60255 X1 Espresso Machine
- illy x1 anniversary Espresso and coffee capsule machine in Black finish
- Easy capsule operation for Espresso or brewed Coffee. Compatible with illy iperEspresso capsules...
This is the last machine in the list of the best espresso machine under 500. Illy X1 is a consumer favourite since the last decade. This special edition marks the performance a step higher with its features. You can brew tea, coffee or get hot water for other things. You can also make hot cocoa in this machine. The machine also comes with auto-off function. So, you get a perfect cup always.
- An automatic machine which brews coffee within minutes, You also get water for cereals and other works.
- This machine can also brew tea or hot chocolate on your demand.
- The steam wand cum frother froths milk instantly.
- This machine comes with an automatic coffee shut-off mechanism to prevent coffee wastage.
- You get perfectly brewed coffee from the machine.
- You can steam milk for lattes from this machine.
- It can also brew tea or hot chocolate.
- It warms up the water pretty quickly.
- You only need to use Illy espresso pods.
- The coffee may not be in the right temperature
- It is not suitable for constant use.
Factors for Choosing a Best Espresso Maker
It’s quite difficult for choosing a good long-lasting espresso machine for your daily use in a friendly amount. Here some factors are discussed which can help you with buying the best espresso machine under 500.
Easy to Use
It’s better to use a user-friendly espresso machine rather than a complex one. A user-friendly simple espresso machine that will help you to make the best espresso without any complication.
Easy to Clean
Always try to purchase an espresso machine that is easily washable or easy to clean the machine. Be aware of the cleaning processes of the machine perfectly. The Machines which have various feature may crate mess during the cleaning process.
It’s hard to choose a good espresso maker at a reasonable cost. There are many costly machines present in the market but most of people can’t afford the costly one. But if you gather some knowledge about the machine so you can get the best espresso machine under 500 easily. Because most of the costly espresso machines consist of some external features but you can also add them in a simple machine at a very reasonable cost.
If you want to brew espresso then you need to choose a machine that supports a minimum 9-bars of pressure. But for the ideal blend, you need to choose an espresso machine from 15-bars to 19-bars of pressure. The higher pressure means proper coffee extraction from the beans and also offers you a thick and frothy cream.
Choice of Flavor
Every people love different flavours but most of the cases espresso machines cant influence the taste of your espresso. If you make it in your home then there is no worry about the taste just properly observe the temperature and the procedure of espresso making.
Semi-automatic espresso machine or Fully-automatic espresso machine
It is a tough choice. And you need to be clear about your choice from the first. If you love to get some control while you are brewing the coffee., then it is better to go for the semi-automatic machines, These machines allow you to control the number of coffee grounds, adjust the strength of the coffee and other things for a cup that suits your taste.
But, if you want something that will make coffee automatically while you just need to add the water and coffee beans, then you need to go for the automatic espresso machines. These machines often come with automatic features to brew different drinks with a single press of a switch.
Better Customer Service
Most the cases in case of espresso machines if some problem arises when you have to contact the service center which can take so long time for getting a positive response and the parts or the original manufactures also very costly. So always find the positive experience from the customers before purchasing that. But in case of simple machines five in trouble, you can repair it easily from the outside in a reasonable amount.
The longevity of the Machine
The longevity of the espresso machine depends on the brand to brand. Many espresso machines come under a brief warranty period which gives good longevity. it depends on the settings, features, electrical parts etc. But in case manual espresso machines also give good longevity. But the thumbs rule is to look for a stainless steel body. Machines with stainless steel body lats longer and get less damage from even extensive usage.
Size and Shape
Some espresso machines are very big which creates a great problem if you have a small kitchen.
Hence, you need to check the available space first before you start looking for the espresso machine. If you have a lit of space then you can buy a larger and bigger model. But if you have a very small area in your kitchen then you need to buy a small and compact machine which fits perfectly in your kitchen.
Some Other External Settings
Some espresso machines provide you with some extra feature which helps to make your coffee the best like a coffee grinder, water filter and cup warmer etc.
- If you love cream and frothy milk then you need to have a built-in further for making layered drinks like latte or cappuccino.
- For those who love coffee, often a large espresso or Americano seems a great idea. An adjustable drip tray or cup tray is great because it allows you to keep your small or even large cup in the machine without any problem.
So, here is the guide about buying the best espresso machine under 500 according to your preference. You can choose any of the machines fro the list and start brewing your perfect dose of caffeine without hassle.