Gravel bikes, or mixed terrain bikes, or even adventure bikes, can delight any rider. It is the best hybrid of mountain bikes and road bikes, and you can use the bikes on multiple terrains. A gravel bike can be enough to ride on the mountains or through the gravel tracks. But, how to choose the best gravel bikes under 1500?
Do not worry; you have landed on the right article. Here you will find the five best gravel bikes under $1500. The list comes with bikes that can be your ideal pick. You can use this article as a guideline before you start shopping.
The list has different types of gravel bikes for other section of riders. It has premium gravel bikes, one that is ideal for a beginner. It also has some of the most affordable models that you can get in this price range. So, it is the best guide that you can expect.
Best Selling Gravel Bikes Under $1500
1. Royce Union RMG Gravel Bike
The first entry on this list of best gravel bikes under 1500 is the RMG Gravel Bike from Royce Union. It is a treat for those who love budget buying. The affordable price does not compromise with the features. It makes it a strong bike with its durable aluminum frame and all the necessary accessories you need in a gravel bike. It has a three-piece alloy crank with a durable steel fork to offer you safe riding experience.
Royce Union provides an 18-speed variation in this bike through the Shimano gears. Moreover, it also has an EZ Fire trigger to change gears swiftly whenever you want. The mechanical disc brakes are enough to stop the high-speed bike as per your choice. The 27.5 inches wheels are safe and suitable for the high-speed gravel bike rides that a rider wants. The unique feature is its seats with binders.
- Aluminum rigid hardtail frame for extra durability and easy maneuvering
- It Has a Shimano Sora 9-speed index and Shimano shifter with 18-speed variations. Along with this RMG Gravel bike has 11*34 Cassette and Neco alloy three-piece fork
- The 27.5-inch WTB alloy rims are strong enough to hold the WTB nano 700cc tires.
- The bike seat comes with quick release binders. Hence, you can adjust the seat height according to your preference.
- The product has dual Shimano mechanical disc brakes with enough power.
- It is an excellent bike for a significant section of the off-road terrains.
- The bike is pretty durable.
- It is easy to use and easy to maintain. Additionally, the manufacturer also provides a complimentary professional bike assembly service.
- It is a great gravel bike that is ideal for both uphill and downhill
- The brakes are powerful.
- It does not come with kick start.
- The RMG Gravel Bike has smaller pedals that may not be suitable for everyone, exceptionally tall people.
The RMG Gravel bike is an excellent pick within the budget range. It has all the features for a good gravel bike. If you can adjust with the pedals or change according to your size, it will become your perfect companion.
2. Tommaso Illimitate Shimano Tiagra Gravel Adventure Bike
The second model you can consider is the Tommaso Illimitate Shimano Tiagra Gravel Adventure bike. The model is from the reputed company Tommaso, hence needs introduction or assurance on its performances. The black aluminum frame has the much-needed strength that makes your bike capable. It also has a carbon fiber fork that distributes the vibration for unmatched comfort.
It has a Shimano Groupset, 50/34T Tiagra compact crankset, and 11x32T Tiagra cassette to allow the rider to change between the twenty different speeds during a ride seamlessly. And the gear changing becomes swift with the Shimano Drive train Components. The 700x40c wide tires fortify soundness during your rough terrain trails. Also, the Avid BB5 circle brakes create ideal halting power. Moreover, the smooth handlebars wipe out the inconvenience of utilizing excessively profound drops. Its unique design soothes the wrists from unjustifiable weight during a long ride.
- Tomasso Illimitate gravel bike has a compact aluminum frame with carbon fiber suspension fork to counter the vibrations and keeps your ride comfortable
- It has a 2*10 Shimano Tiagra groupset, 11x32T Tiagra cassette, and 50/34T Tiagra compact crankset to ensure the rider uses all the available speeds with equal efficiency.
- The bike comes with TC-400 alloy spoke wheels and 700x40C tires that make it a formidable gravel bike for all terrains.
- The Illimitate from Tommaso has Avid BB5 disc brakes to help you stop your ride within a second, despite the condition.
- The compact frame geometry of this gravel bike makes it comfortable for people of all body types. It is also equally comfortable on long rides.
- Carbon fiber fork for reducing the vibration during the uphill and downhill ride
- Tomasso gives professional bike assembling assistance
- The TC-40D rims with proper tires are ideal for comfort
- The brakes are capable and work appropriately in dry or wet terrains
- The tires may slip on muddy surfaces or thicker sand
- The uphill ride can be a little bit difficult at the initial stage
If you want to buy a bike for entry-level gravel bike riding, The Tommaso Illimitate model is one of the best gravel bikes under 1500. It has a durable body with multiple speed options and a powerful brake. It will never disappoint you.
3. Schwinn Vantage Rx1 700cc Gravel Adventure Bike
The third entry in this list is the Schwinn Vantage RX1 700 cc Gravel Adventure Bike. Schwinn is a reputed company that has been offering quality bikes for a long time. And they can keep their reputation with this model.
The Schwinn Vantage Rx1 gravel bike sports an aluminum frame. The most striking component of the structure is the brand’s Smooth Ride Technology (SRT) for a comfortable ride.
The elastomer Softail suspension provides comfort on your wrists while you are riding for a long time. Additionally, the TransX Ergo handlebar gives an ergonomic situation to your hands, particularly during long rides.
- Durable aluminum frame for multitasking
- It comes with the innovative Smooth Ride Technology or STR that allows the rider comfort on every surface- muddy surface, rocky mountain trail, or even on sand.
- Schwinn Vantage also comes with Elastomer Softail suspension that can minimize vibration during riding. It also reduces the force from your wrist and provides you comfort,
- The TransX handlebar is ergonomic and prevents muscle cramps or discomfort during a long bike ride.
- It also comes with a Shimano drivetrain with 18 different speeds. You can easily switch between the various gears without any problem. The FSA Vero Compact crank is there for gear switching.
- Schwinn offers durable alloy rims with premium tires so that the rider gets a safe ride.
- Double-wall rims with aluminum road hubs and premium tires
- Schwinn alloy caliper brakes
- Lightweight body
- Ideal for both men and women
- The bike is available in four different sizes
- You get assistance for assembling
- The instruction manual is difficult to understand
- The price may be higher than the budget
In case you are hunting for a professional level gravel bike within a reasonable budget, go for this model. It is among the best gravel bikes under 1500 that offers all the features present in a premium bike.
4. Giordano Trieste Gravel bike
Tight on your budget? Not willing to spend a lot of money? Then this Giordano Trieste Gravel bike is ideal for you. It costs only $549.99. So, even if you are on a too-tight budget, the bike will not burn any holes in your pocket. It is a small bike and is ideal for women or riders with a petite body frame.
Giordano does not compromise with quality despite offering this super affordable price tag. Here you get a lightweight, durable steel frame. It also comes with a steel suspension fork and Shimano shifters and cassettes. The bike is pretty comfortable, and riders often praise its comfort and performance on different tracks. It is a small-sized bike, so women or bikers with a shorter body frame can choose without hesitation.
- The Chromoly steel frame that is long-lasting
- You get a Chromoly steel fork that maximizes comfort while you are riding your bike. It also absorbs all the shocks during the ride.
- Giordano offers Shimano gear Shifters with 16 different speeds. The speed variation is decent in this price range. Additionally, it has a Shimano 8 speed 11-32T Cassette that transitions from one rate to another more comfortable and smooth.
- The model comes with 32-hole double-wall alloy rim wheels and 700 cc tires. Hence, it becomes one of the best gravel bikes under 1500.
- Extremely affordable price.
- The model is quite sturdy in its price range and lasts for a long time with proper maintenance.
- The manufacturers provide tuned brakes and gears
- It has standard spacings. SO, you can customize further as per your choice
- It is easy to assemble. You also get complimentary in-store assembly assistance
- The rear dropouts are not of good quality
- It is quite heavy
- The tires may not be suitable for all roads
- The handlebar tapes can melt during hot climate
Overall, the Giordano Trieste Gravel bike is a decent buy if you look for something extremely reasonable. It can be your first gravel bike. If you are willing to make some adjustments, the bike can become a trusted companion.
5. Tamland 1 All Road Bike
The last entry in this list is The Tamland 1 All Road Bike from Raleigh Bikes. You may think that it is not an ideal gravel bike, but this bike can also work fine on gravel terrains. The model has a Chromoly frame. The frames are one of the popular choices for any rider. It comes with bump-absorbing forks to help you ride on any terrain without any problem.
Besides, the carbon tightened steel fork facilitates the guiding for easy activity. Its front and back through axles take sufficient consideration of your wellbeing while you accelerate however much you might want with the Shimano 105 2×11-speed shifters.
The mechanical disc brakes are powerful and offer contact service. In addition to this bicycle’s purpose, the greatest is the way it consolidates all the highlights to give a responsive execution. In short words, the rider has ideal control for a profoundly altered ride without fail.
- Reynolds 631 steel frame from Chromoly makes it a formidable bike. It can absorb all the vibrations and allows you to ride all day comfortably.
- The Shimano 105 2×11 speed drive train with Praxis cranks allow the rider to shift from one speed to another without any problem.
- Tamland 1 has TRP Spyre-C mechanical disc brakes that stop the bike in a second, despite its condition. It offers consistent performance on any road.
- The HED Tomcat wheels with tires are enough for any Ryder.
- It also has a Carbon Monocoque fork with a tapered steerer that provides greater control to the rider.
- Light steering
- Shockproof design that can absorb bumps and gets damaged less
- The bike is extremely safe
- The rider can control the bike better
- The seat is not comfortable for long rides
- The brakes need adjustment from an expert
If you are not ready to buy a gravel bike but want to buy something that works like a gravel bike, this Tamland 1 all-road bike is your ideal choice. It can be your all-round companion for a city ride or an adventurous ride on a gravel track. The features are beneficial, and you will always have a safe ride.
Gravel bike buying Guide
Gravel bikes, commonly known as Adventure bikes, can support riders on different terrains. They are a perfect hybrid of a road bike and mountain bikes. But, you need to think carefully while you are buying a gravel bike. If you are a little confused or a first-time shopper, you may use this gravel bike buying guide to choose the right bike within your budget-
Get the right frame
It would help if you chose the right frame for a comfortable ride. If the bike is tiny, you may not be satisfied. Similarly, larger frames are also tricky. Hence, always choose the right frame according to your body type and height. If you already own a bike, understanding the size is not too difficult. In case you need more guidance, you can refer to the internet to choose the size according to your height or weight.
In general, gravel bikes have four types of frames – aluminum, steel, titanium, and carbon. In this price range, you will get mostly aluminum and steel frames. Aluminum is affordable and comes with carbon forks to minimize the rider’s vibrations on a gravel track.
On the other hand, a steel frame has better strength and lasts longer. But, their performance depends on the alloy. The best pick here is the Chromoly steel alloy frames and high tensile steel alloy bikes.
Understand the anatomy of the gravel bikes
Before you go shopping, you need to understand what a gravel bike is. It is in between the road bike and mountain bike. You get a durable frame like a mountain bike with MTB wheels, advanced forks, and drop handlebars.
But these bikes are not like adventure bikes and come with a relaxed geometry than adventure bikes. So, you must understand their basic features before you buy one.
An excellent way to ensure you get to check the bike geometry ist through inspection. Features like taller head tubes and lower bottom brackets are essential for any gravel bike. While the former corresponds to a relaxed and upright position, the latter is responsible for smoother accessibility. However, excessively tall head tubes or low bottom brackets can cause significant discomfort.
You have to check the saddles.
It would be best if you never forgot the saddles. A good harness is enough to get a comfortable riding position that is more flexible and allows you to ride the bike all day long. Without the right saddle riding the gravel bike can be a nightmare. The legitimate choice is an endurance saddle or an MTB style seat.
A padded saddle is the best choice. And, the bumpy tracks need a paddle seat that offers all-round comfort. Additionally, check for an adjustable seat. You will be able to adjust its height to suit your height.
Be that as it may, once more, there are no rigid guidelines. When riding for experience, you’re just contending with yourself. There are no wattage yield desires, no lap times, no mileage prerequisites, no 100-mile hindrances, no stunts, no drops, and no best lines. You are going to have a relaxed ride. So, choose one that suits you.
A gravel bike needs a proper handlebar to ensure you get better control of your bike. In general, these bikes have wide bars with wide drop angles. As a result, you can control the bike properly. If you need it, you are free to make adjustments with the bars for better precision. But, go for one that is balanced.
What about the wheels?
The standard size for any gravel bicycle tires and wheels is 700x40c. In blend with the grooving, the width gives better grinding and strength to shield them from slipping. However, since many models are often flexible, the wheelbase supports a wide range of tires. For example, a range like 35mm to 42mm will fill practically all riding needs.
The gears are also necessary.
Any good gravel bike will have a durable and trustworthy seat. If you love to go riding on smooth uphill gravel tracks, buying a bike with a 2x drive train is essential. But, if you prefer rougher tracks, opting for a 1x drive train is the right idea. But, choosing a model with a 1x drive train is a better idea because such bikes will be a better performer in the long run.
If you need some more guidance, you can ask a person who has been riding gravel bikes for a while to help you during shopping. And, always make sure to trust your intuition.
Here, you have all the details about the five best gravel bikes under $1500. You can check out their features and choose one that is suitable for you. Gravel riding becomes a thrilling experience if you have the best bike, and you will get a lot of help from this article to find your best pick.