Many riders now prefer road bikes as these bikes offer better speed on city roads and smooth tracks. Best road bike under 500? Well, the budget is not any constraint anymore. Even if you are tight on budget, you can get a reliable road bike from a reputed manufacturer.
Due to competitive pricing, road bikes are becoming reasonable. This article will find the best five road bikes under the simple budget of $500.
Best Selling Road Bike Under $500
Eurobike Road Bike EURXC550
Eurobike is a well-known brand that has been supplying premium quality road bikes to p[eople for a long time. This model EURXC550 is one of the cheapest bikes in this list of best road bikes under 500. If you are not impressed by the price, it is better to try this bike once. You will become impressed with its features and performance.
Eurobike’s geometric steel frame offers an agreeable upstanding situation for those who have just learned to ride bikes. Furthermore, even though the segments are low end and the shifters need further adjustments, they are Shimano. Therefore, you can rely on solid moving and toughness. It also comes with disc brakes of extraordinary power and aero wheels. Hence, you can ride with comfort despite the road condition.
- The Eurobike EURXC550 comes with a geometric steel frame that is durable and stylish.
- It has dual disc aluminum brake systems, and you cannot get anything better at such a small The brakes are better performers than the conventional V-brakes. With this powerful brake system, you can stop your ride in a moment without any problem.
- It is available in different sizes, like 54 cm. 49cm, and you can choose any size you need.
- The bike comes with Shimano derailleur and Shimano gears with 21 speeds. Such speed variation in this affordable price is impressive. The derailers work fine, and the riders can change the gears swiftly without any discomfort.
- The aluminum aero bike rims are durable and come with standard 700 cc tires.
- It comes with racing handlebars of premium The handlebars are in perfect position and allow you to ride comfortably without facing back or lumbar pain.
- The freewheels allow you to rest your legs for some time on a long ride, and your bike continues to move until you start pedaling again.
- Supports weight up to 330 lbs.
- Easy assembling and you get an easy-to-understand guide comes with the package
- The bike offers a lot of features within this affordable price
- It comes with a double disc-shaped aluminum brakes
- Significant speed variations with Shimano derailleurs and the gear shifting system works swiftly
- A versatile road bike
- The bike is on the heavier side
- It is not ideal if the riders who have a larger body frame
If you are a beginner and want to buy a road bike that will be your first EURXC550 is ideal. It is affordable, comes with user-friendly designs, and has a balanced frame. Moreover, it is a decent performer.
2. Giordano AVERSA Aluminium Road bike
Women riders often search a lot of a proper road bike that suits their requirements. The next entry in this list is the Giordano Aversa Aluminium Road Bike for women. It is one of the most affordable ladies’ road bikes that you can find under 500 budget.
Regardless of whether you are a novice or a seasoned cyclist, Giordano Aversa Aluminum Road Bike is always ideal. First, it has a lightweight 6061 aluminum body that is tough and long-lasting. Aside from that, it has a Shimano 14 speed drivetrain, which has stem shifters. The double rotate side force brakes give a secure and fantastic halting. At the same time, the two-fold compound edges permit it to roll smoothly on any surface. The bicycle is accessible for medium ladies riders with 5’3-5’7 inches and little riders with 4’10-5’3 inches.
- The 6061 aluminum frame is lightweight and durable. Hence, it is easy to maneuver for a female rider.
- The high tensile steel forks offer better movement and keep your balance on the
- Giordano Aversa comes with a 14-speed Shimano drivetrain. You can change the gears with a single finger stroke.
- The 32 holes double wall 40 mm alloy rims come with 700cc standard tires.
- It has alloy dual pivot caliper style brakes. The brakes are quite strong and offer satisfactory performance.
- High tensile steel fork
- A durable and lightweight frame
- Great price and value against money
- The bike is comfortable for females
- Assembling is complicated, and there is no user manual available with the package. You may need professional assistance for assembling
- Needs frequent maintenance.
Giordano Aversa is an excellent choice if you search for the best road bike under 500 for female riders. It is lightweight and suitable for petite riders. It is also great for teenage girls who need a bike that is ideal for their daily commuting. The bike performs well on the road, and the features you get at such a price is impressive. If you are a beginner female rider, it can be the best option without spending a lot of money.
3. Vilano R2 commuter Aluminium Road bike
Vilano R2 Aluminum Commuter Bike comes third in this list of best road bikes under 500. The highlight of this model is its lightweight aluminum frame. The shifting framework does not come integrated and requires fine-tuning. But, it gives you Shimano Tourney front and back derailleurs for solid and smooth moving.
A triple chainring allows you to utilize the 7-speed rear cog set fully. It is excellent for daily rides, and you never complain about the facilities you get at this range of $200 plus. It is also great for medium height hilly terrains and villages.
- The bike has a 6061 lightweight double-butted premium aluminum frame.
- Vilano R2 comes with a Shimano drivetrain with 21-speed variations. It is of the best quality drive trains found in this price range. The derailleur networks and shifters work together. Due to the unique mechanism of Shimano parts, changing gears becomes fast and smooth.
- It also comes with dual brake levers from Shimano. The levers are durable and come with incredible power to stop your ride at your
- The double-wall CNC machined wheels are of premium quality and come with Quick Release Skewers.
- It is effortless to assemble and comes with excellent quality parts and clear instruction manuals.
- It is lightweight and easy to
- Vilano R2 commuter bike also offers satisfactory performance on hilly terrain.
- It has good pick up speed and maintains the speed with smooth gear shifting.
- The bike has a stylish look with exciting color features.
- The seat is not acceptable, and you may need to change the heart to suit your comfort level. Especially if you plan to go on long rodes, get a better seat with more space and padding.
- The brakes are not of good quality.
- The bike requires fine-tuning and adjustments.
If you are willing to accept its shortcomings, the bike is a great choice. You may need to make some minor changes and upgrade work to make it more comfortable. You get a lightweight bike with loads of features. It is excellent for daily comminuting plus occasional hiking in the woods. In case you are not ready to spend a lot of money on a stylish and comfortable bike, choosing Vilano R2 Commuter Bike is the best choice.
4. Giordano Libero 1.6 Men’s Road bike
The fourth entry is another model from Italian bike manufacturer Giordano. Unlike the past one, it is a male bike. Individuals who have the Giordano Libero love it for its quality, reasonableness, delicacy, looks, the way it can ride for significant distances, and ideal for even long bike rides in the woods or the hills. It is durable, has Shimano shifters with the rear derailleur. Moreover, you get premium tires and premium rims to allow you more safety. It also comes with cage pedals and a comfortable seat. Hence, every ride becomes an exciting journey with the Giordano Libero Men’s Road bike.
- Premium quality and lightweight 6061 Aluminium frame make it easy to carry the bike.
- Libero comes with 16-speed Shimano Claris STI Shifters and rear derailleurs. The speed variation is less, but the gear system works perfectly. A lot of riders often do not feel any discomfort with the limited number of speed variations.
- The bike also has a 50-34 compact aluminum crank for climbing on the uphill tracks. Hence, you can use it again in the mountains and highlands.
- It is available in three sizes-small, medium and large.
- The Alloy High –profile black rims with premium tires of 700cc from Vitesse offers excellent riding experience.
- It also comes with Velo Roadside rails.
- You get VP plastic and alloy cage pedals that are comfortable and work
- The Seatpost has a clamp alloy rear section.
- Only 16 gear options
- The seat is not spacious and comfortable for extended riding.
Budget buyers can use this Giordano Libero bicycle for regular commuting without any problem. Furthermore, it is also great for weekend bike trips and a camping trip. If you are willing to make some adjustments, Libero can easily compete with the premium road bikes.
5. Trinx TEMPO 700CC Road Bike
The last model in this list of best road bikes under 500 is the Trinx TEMPO 700 cc road bike. It comes from another well-known Italian bike manufacturer Trinx. The bike is the best choice for those who want to avail of great value at a reasonable price. It is another excellent bike for beginners or a fuss-free road bike for daily commuting. The bike comes with a lightweight aluminum frame and Shimano derailleurs.
Moreover, the model also comes with steel tensile and double-wall rims. So, feature-wise, it is a treat within this affordable budget. A lot of seasoned riders often praise this bike.
- Premium quality hydroformed AI6061 Aluminum Alloy Frame makes TEMPO from Trinx one of the lightest bikes.
- It comes with Shimano 21-speed gear. Moreover, Trinx TEMPO also has Shimano A050 Shifters, TZ31 Front derailleur, and TZ50 back derailleur and cassette. The complete system allows the bike to become one of the safest bikes with astonishing speed. A rIder can change gears with a few finger strokes.
- It only weighs 25 lbs.
- The WinZip Alloy Brakes are powerful and can offer instant stopping power in an emergency.
- It also has a 430 mm Hi-Ten steel road handlebar from Trinx.
- The Alloy double-wall rims hold the 700cc tires. The tires are from Cst Czar and are
- The most significant benefit of this bike is its durability. It is incredibly durable. A lot of users claim that the bike can last for many years without any problem.
- Requires less maintenance.
- It is also great for uphill rides
- Great derailleur and gears that offer constant performance
- Affordable price
- It doesn’t come with a comfortable saddle, and you need to change the seat for long rides.
- May require some fine-tuning
- The brakes often become stiff
Those who want a bike that will last for a long time need to consider the Trinx Tempo road bike. It is one of the most durable models in this list. Furthermore, the bike does not require a lot of maintenance. The pricing is also extremely affordable, and you do not need to spend a lot of money. So, if you like it, buy it.
Road bike vs. Mountain bike
A lot of riders often get confused between road bikes and Mountain bikes. Well, bikes are different and have different features. If you are unsure about which one to choose in a road bike vs. mountain bike, some guidance can help you decide.
The first thing you need to do is to know what are the features of road and mountain bikes-
Road bikes are also known as racing bikes.
- Road bikes come with Lightweight frames and parts
- A drop (twisted) handlebar, however, some have a level bar like a trailblazing bicycle or MTB.
- The wheels are narrow, and usually, road bikes have 700cc slat tires. It is because road bikes are for speed.
- A lot of road bikes come with a composite front fork.
- No front or back suspension.
- The frames and style changes with the gender and size of the
Different types of road bikes
- Aero Bikes: they have wing-shaped frame tubes and wheels. Aero bikes can minimize drag to an absolute minimum. Such models are for racing or time-testing. Some models even include more forceful rider positions; the accentuation is speed over rider comfort.
- Ultralight: Ultralight road bikes are ideal long trips. Such bicycles have the lightest frames and are easy to carry. Such models may not be as useful for all-around use.
- Perseverance: The correct pick for most riders, these models include a more upstanding rider position for comfort, marginally more extensive tires and outfitting ranges, and, here and there, vibration-engrossing features in the frame and fork.
- Mountain bikes come with very durable and rugged They are often heavier. In general, mountain bikes are for riding on narrow uphill terrains.
- They come with complete and flat handlebars. The handlebars allow you to control your bike better.
- In general, mountain bikes come with thicker tires, minimum 0f n2-inches width.
- The bikes come with hydraulic disc brakes. Some models also come with linear brakes.
- In general, MTB models have 27.5 inches to 29-inch wheels.
- The seats change as per the changer of the gender of the riders.
Variations of MTB
- Hardtail: As the name recommends, these frequently have suspension forks on a hard edge. They usually are the most moderate sort, yet there are additionally excellent quality adaptations for dashing.
- Cross-Country Full-Suspension: Features a shorter-travel (110mm or less) back suspension intended to organize low bicycle weight and productivity under force, particularly on climbs.
- Trail Full-Suspension: Mid-travel (120-150mm) suspension that adjusts climbing productivity and dropping capacities. Tires get more extensive, with more oversized brake rotors for halting force. A few variants are “In addition to” viable, offering standard 29-inch wheels or 27.5×3-inch “hefty size” elastic.
- Enduro/Gravity Full-Suspension: With 160mm or a more significant amount of rear-wheel travel, ground-breaking brakes, and aggressive tire steps, these bicycles are expected for most extreme control while slipping, particularly on the steep, specialized territory.
Now comes the main question. Which one to choose between the battle of road bikes vs. mountain bikes? Well, the answer depends on your preferences and choices:
- Road bikes are for wellness enthusiasts, occasion riders, and serious riders. They are faster and allow you to burn a lot of calories. Hence, if you want to lose weight and gain a healthy heart pulse rate, investing in road bikes is the best idea. It also increases your cardiovascular health and decreases stress levels.
But, if you want to make your muscles stronger and develop muscle mass, investing in a mountain bike is the best idea. It is because MTBs require more power for dealing and developing your muscles. It also improves your posture.
- Road bikes are faster and ideal for cleared surfaces (streets, bicycle ways), not great for rough or unpaved surfaces. So, if you are into bicycle racing and want to go for a fat race, buy a road bike. Recently, some companies also offer road bikes for the uphill
But, road bikes or racer bikes are not for mountain terrain, mostly rocky and narrow terrain. Mountain bikes come with special shock absorbers that absorb the vibrations and allow the rider to ride safely in the rocky and uneven mountain terrain.
They’re not as quick out and about, and they’re not as productive. Yet, not at all like street bicycles, which can’t take mountain ways by any stretch of the imagination, these bicycles won’t put you in harm’s way if you do ride them out and about. They simply get significantly harder to deal with and much less agreeable.
- The next thing you need to consider is cycling you Suppose you love speed and racing. Road bikes can be your best companion. They are synonymous with speed and can offer you the thrill of cycling at a fast pace.
But, if you love to explore places within the woods or rocky terrain, mountain bikes are best. Mountain bikes have all the features that allow you to ride past the rocky track to explore new places.
If you love to go for a natural hiking trail, a road bike is a decent choice. The modern road bikes are also adapted for highlands and are great if you love to camp near a stream or if you need to go on fishing trips in a calm lake.
But, mountain bikes can be the right choice if you love mountain hiking and trekking trips, especially bike trips.
- Those who want to buy a bike for commuting in the city regularly, a road bike is great. The bikes allow you to ride faster in the busy city streets or on smooth tracks.
In case you live in the mountains and need a bike for riding, invest in a mountain bike that can offer you the best comfort in the rocky paths.
A Road bike is great for daily commuting in the busy city streets and occasional long rides on smooth tracks. With the proper road bike, your daily riding will be fun, thrilling, and exciting. You can choose any of the bike models from the list according to your budget and your preference. Please remember that you need to maintain your road bike to ensure it keeps serving you without any trouble.