Best Selling Road Bikes Under $300
The road bikes are just conventional bikes. You need to paddle faster to maintain the speed. But modern road bikes are not the same as the traditional ones. They come with multiple features and advanced features. The contemporary era road bikes are ideal for busy streets. So if you are thinking of switching to bicycle for regular commuting, choose among best road bikes under 300.
If you now search for road bikes, you will get thousands of options. The hybrid road bikes are trendy among urban commuters. It is because they serve the dual purpose of city commuting and recreational trips in mountains or jungles. Additionally, they come with multiple gear speeds. That means the rider can change the speed as per their preference and road condition. Hence, if you want comfort and a durable bike for multiple occasions, a hybrid bike is your ideal choice.
On the other hand, if you only want something for a regular ride inside the city, a simple city commuter bike with fixed speed or a cruiser bike is enough. They are great for city streets and offer a lot of fun experiences. In the end, the choice depends on the rider.
5 Best Road Bikes Under $300 Review
1. Kent GRZ700 Road Bike Review
The bike that tops the list of best road bikes under 300 Is the Kent GRZ700 Road Bike. It is quite an impressive model that is sturdy and serves multiple purposes. The model comes with the precise design and some of the best features in this range. It has a high tensile steel frame and fork for consistent performance. It is a unisex bike and is equally comfortable for both female and male riders. It can be your best companion for your work or a great relaxing trip to the mountains.
- Kent GRZ700 Road Bike has a precise design that makes is a powerful model. Manufacturers designed the high tensile steel frame with a tungsten-electrode inert gas welding style(popularly known as tig welding). Hence. It is very balanced and secured. The innovative welding system also makes it robust.
- It comes with premium-grade alloy Vitesse 36-inches rims. The rooms are one of the best quality in this range and offer you a fantastic riding experience.
- It has a padded saddle that provides you comfort during your riding. The seat is very comfortable in long-distance bike trips and prevents any pain or cramps in your body.
- Kent GRZ700 Road Bike comes with 21 different speeds. It has Shimano 21 gears. Additionally, it also has stem shifters and rear derailleur from the same company-Shimano. Hence, you can easily change between different speeds without any problem. The complete Shimano gear system makes the whole procedure smooth and reliable.
- It has alloy calipers and brake levers. They provide you complete control over your cycle, and you can quickly stop your bike without any problem.
- The 25mm flat tires are great for a hybrid bike.
- Lightweight and robust bike with steel frame and steel fork
- It comes with a comfortable pedal and a proper saddle.
- The bike offers smoother rides than many other bikes.
- It offers you a comfortable ride and is great for long bike trips on the mountain.
- The bike comes without assembling. Hence, you need to collect it all by yourself.
- You need to find your style and angle to get a comfortable position.
- In general, riders need time to get used to this bike.
- Your hands are in a low position while you are traveling.
- It is difficult to change gears by just one hand.
If you are a beginner and want to buy your first bike, it is the ideal model. Kent GRZ700 is the best option under $300 for a rider who wants to buy a bike that will comfort a long ride in uncomfortable, rocky, and uneven paths.
2. Takara Sugiyama Flat bar Fixie Bike
- 58cm Tig Welded Steel Frame and Fork
- 700c Alloy Wheels
The second entry in the lust of the best road bikes under 300 is the Takara Sugiyama Flat Bar Fixie Bike. If you are a person who wants to buy a bike for simple urban commuting, it is your ideal option. Takara released their Sugiyana Flat tyre fixie bike after a long survey, and the design reflects the regular need of city riders. The bike is a fixie bike. That means; it does not have any gears. Hence, no problem with gear shifting. It is best for city riders.
- Takara Sugiyama Flat Bar Fixie Bike comes with flip-flop hubs. The bike comes without derailleurs. Hence the flip-flop hubs allow the bike to maintain its stability. It is a bike without any speed options. Therefore, your bike will run seamlessly in the fixed speed during your riding.
- The bike has flat tyres. The 700/32 Tyres from famous tyre manufacturer company Kenda are perfect. The tyres are larger and broader than any conventional bike and offer proper cushioning effect while you ride.
- Takara Sugiyama comes with frontal and rear side pull brakes. They are responsive and allow you to stop your cycle whenever you need to stop it. Another great advantage is that the bike does not stop even if you paddle slowly.
- It comes with a unique design. The design makes riding comfortable for both male and female commuters.
- The bike has a padded seat that offers support to riders. You will get enough comfort while riding the bike. Additionally, the saddle allows you to ride without any problem, and you do not suffer from cramps and pains even after long rides.
- The bike comes at a very reasonable price. It is excellent if you are tight on budget.
- The bike comes with an 85% pre-assembled design. Hence, you do not need to spend a lot of time or call a mechanic to assemble the bike.,
- It is durable and lasts for years with a proper maintenance regime.
- The bike is excellent for regular city commuters.
- It comes with only a fixed speed. Hence, you do not get to change the pace like the cycles with gear.
- It is not ideal for the mountain or rocky rodes.
- It has only one color option.
If you are searching for a bike only for commuting inside a city or in an urban area, it is the right choice. Takara Sugiyama Flexi bike comes with enough features that offer you ideal comfort during computing to your college, work, or school. The bike is affordable and can suit the budget of every rider.
3. Schwinn Hinge Folding Bike for Urban riding and commuting
- The Schwinn Hinge folding bike is designed to fit a wide range of riders with a suggested maximum...
- With a sturdy steel frame, 20-inch alloy wheels, and a convenient folding system, the Schwinn Hinge...
The next entry in this list is quite an innovative model. Are you hesitating because you do not have enough space to store your bike? Then why not buy a folding bike? Yes, you can purchase hybrid folding bikes. They are compact and takes less storage space. The Schwinn Hinge Folding bike deserves a spot among the best road bikes under 300. It is affordable. Easy to maintain and offers excellent service.
- It is a universal bike that can accommodate riders with a maximum of 220 pounds of weight.
- The bike comes with an alloy steel frame, and 20-inch allow wheels. It is sturdy and durable.
- Additionally, the bike comes with a secure folding mechanism. Hence, you can store the bike after folding. The body and the pedals are foldable.
- Schwinn Hinge foldable bike comes with full-wrap fenders. The fenders are enough to protect the rider from muddy water, accidental splashes, and dirt. Hence, you can tale a ride even in the monsoon.
- It has innovative 1-speed derivation, and you can quickly halt your ride with swift motions.
- The bike comes with a rear carrying rack and resin platform pedals with reflector.
- The whole package comes inside a nylon bag, and you need to assemble it to start riding.
- The bike has a foldable frontal portion with foldable pedals. That means it takes less space, and you can easily store the bike in a small and compact area.
- The alloy-steel body is very durable and lasts longer.
- The alloy brakes are great and offer excellent service.
- The bike comes with a nylon bag for storage purposes.
- The price is very affordable.
- The seat is not soft. Additionally, it is smaller than the conventional bike saddles. Hence you may need to replace it with a comfortable saddle.
- The bike is a little heavy.
- You need to get used to the folding mechanism.
- Only one speed.
If you want to buy something compact, Schwinn Hinge foldable urban bike is your best choice. It takes less space and is excellent for those who do not have a lot of space for a garage. The bike is excellent for regular urban riding. The price is reasonable. In case you are willing to compromise on the gears and the saddle, it is your idea; choice.
4. Northwords Aluminium Full Suspension Mountain cum hybrid Bike
- Full Suspension Aluminum Frame with 50mm Steel Crown Fork
- 24" Alloy Rims
Northwoods Aluminium Full suspension Mountain bike is not a simple mountain bike. It is a hybrid bike and a mountain bike. It is the best choice if you are from the hills or live in a place with rough terrains. The bike successfully incorporates the features f mountain bike with a hybrid bike. It is one of the best models available in the market at this price range.
- The bike has an alloy based aluminum body. That makes it lightweight yet durable. The full suspension Aluminium frame with 50mm steel crown fork makes it very robust and reliable.
- It has 26-inch alloy rims that are capable of fighting the hurdles of bumpy or rocky road. Hence, you have a safe journey whenever you use this bike. Additionally, it also offers excellent service on smooth surfaces.
- It has fenders that keep the mud, dirty water at bay, and drive without worrying about getting dirty.
- The seat of the bike is very comfortable. It has enough padding, and you will not get any pain even after having a long ride.
- The Northwoods full suspension bike comes with 21-inch twist shifters over the handlebar. They are great and change the speeds faster. It comes with Shimano 21 gears for your convenience.
- It is a great hybrid bike with features of the mountain bikes
- The bike offers great features in such an affordable price range.
- It is effortless to assemble
- It is for both men and women
- It is a little heavier than the other bikes.
- There is no rear or front basket to carry things.
- The price often rises from $200 range
If you live in a mountain region with bumpy and rocky roads, make sure to consider it. The bike effortlessly blends all the features of a mountain bike inside a hybrid bike. It can be a great buy regarding its price range.
5. Kent Northwoods Springdale Women’s Hybrid Bicycle
The last entry is the Kent Northwoods Springdale Women’s Hybrid Bicycle. Women riders often feel uncomfortable in regular bikes. If you are a petite person, even unisexual bikes may not be comfortable for you. The Kent Springdale Women’s bike is an exclusive bike that sims to offer the best experience to the urban female riders. It is a real female hybrid bike. The bike comes with a comfortable height ad comfortable seat design for the convenience fo the passengers. Additionally, it is durable and has higher changing options.
- The aluminum frame is lightweight. It is ideal for women riders as they are not comfortable with heavier bikes. Handling the bike becomes easy, and you can easily maneuver it without assistance.
- The unique fenders provide you protection against accidental splashes while you are cruising through a street. That means no more dirty clothes or no more accidental splash during your commuting.
- Kent Springdale women’s bike comes with aluminum rims to hold the tyres. The 700c regular wheels are enough for the daily urban ride and occasional recreational rides. The puncture or flat tyres offer servicers in city roads and even the muddy road tracks.
- The most prominent feature of this bike is its wide coverage of gear options. You can change speeds from 21 available rates. The gears are smooth and operate properly without any problem. Hence whatever the road condition may be, your ride would be the same.
- The bike also comes with linear-pull brakes. They are efficient and allow you to halt your ride in a few seconds with a single pull.
- Aluminum body that is lighter and ideal for women riders.
- The bike has aluminum alloy frames and forks. Hence, it remains in tip form even after years of usage.
- You get 21 different gear options to choose your speed according to the road condition.
- The efficient linear brakes provide instant halt.
- In-built fenders for protection against mud or water.
- The brakes are prone to making sounds in the initial stage.
- The bike is not extremely lightweight. But it is manageable.
- The seat is not that comfortable.
Suppose you are a female rider who does not want to invest in unisexual road bikes, male sure to buy this Springdale Women’s bike. It offers all the features of a proper road bike is a frame ideal for females. You will not be disappointed with its service.
Road bikes are very versatile. While some prefer a road bike for commuting to their work, some prefer it for a daily workout. On the other hand, some riders prefer to go on bike trips n the hills or outside the city. Hence, road bikes are versatile, and you will find multiple types of road bikes in a shop or an online portal. If you are confused, use this small buying guide to get help-
Know your priorities
You need to understand your priorities. If you want to go for a workout session, a fitness road bike with multiple gears and great tires can be beneficial. But, if you search for something for daily commuting, a simple city commuter bike or a Flexi speed bike is enough. Those who aim to get a bike for daily commuting plus occasional bike trips may choose a hybrid bike with gears and puncture-proof tyres.
Understand your budget
You need to understand your budget. And to get a road bike, you don’t need to spend a lot of money. A simple budget, like $300, can be enough. It is better to choose a budget range rather than a fixed limit for buying the right model.
Your gender matters
You may not give great importance to this fact, but the gender of the rider matters. Women and men have different preferences, and they need different types of byke. If you want to get both worlds’ best, choose a unisex by for both men and women. But, in general, buying a gender-specific bike is the best idea here.
Check the frame
In the budget range of $300, nothing much is available for choosing. You can choose between aluminum frame bikes or steel frame bikes. While aluminum is lighter, steel is far durable. You need to select according to your requirements.
A road bike is great for riding through the busy city streets. The modern-day road bikes are special bikes that often work like hybrid bikes. You can buy any bike from the above list as per your preference. Additionally, you get a buying guide to get some tips while you shop for your road bike.