The kitchen is a critical area of your home because that is where you cook all your meals. It is usually the first place you go in the morning to get a cup of coffee or prepare breakfast, and also the place you go to for cooking dinner after a long day. That is why having the right kitchen appliances for your kitchen is very important. They not only make your life easier but also make your kitchen look good.
By definition, kitchen appliances are electrical or mechanical machines that accomplish different kitchen functions, such as cooking, baking, heating, cooling, and ventilating. There are many types of kitchen appliances available in the market, such as a stove, refrigerator, oven, microwave, chimney, blenders, etc. But nowadays, kitchen appliances are available in many different designs, quality, technology, and features. Thus, choosing the right kitchen appliances for your kitchen can be considered a very stressful task. If you are shifting to a new home or planning to replace all your kitchen appliances, doing in-depth research on how to choose different types of kitchen appliances can be very beneficial for you. If you make a good plan and choose the best kitchen appliances, then you can be assured that your kitchen will be both stylish and functional according to your family’s lifestyle and budget.
Things to consider before buying kitchen appliances
Buying kitchen appliances for your kitchen can be a stressful task. You need to make a plan and figure out important things such as the type of devices you want, your budget, your family’s lifestyle, and the design of your kitchen. Evaluating your needs and goals according to the above factors will help you in coming up with an excellent purchasing strategy.
Types of kitchen appliances you want
Different people require different types of kitchen appliances. Depending on your cooking process and the kind of food you cook, you can make a list of kitchen appliances you need. Generally, all kitchens require a refrigerator, stove, microwave, oven, and chimney. But you can choose additional kitchen appliances you need, such as a toaster, blender, or electric kettle. Carefully figure out your requirements and choose the right kitchen appliances you need.
Deciding on a budget for buying kitchen appliances for your kitchen is very important. After you have decided on the kitchen appliances you need, you have to figure out how much money you are willing to spend on them. The budget should be realistic and should be decided according to the quality of the kitchen appliances you want. Be sure that you always prioritize your budget and function over aesthetics.
When you are planning to buy new kitchen appliances for your kitchen, you need to figure out the lifestyle of your family. The lifestyle of your family depends on the way you live and the type of food you eat. For example, if your family has a busy lifestyle, then you should consider buying a speed-cooking oven to save time. On the other hand, if you like to entertain, then you should purchase speciality kitchen appliances such as icemaker or warming drawer.
Layout and design
The layout of your kitchen is critical. It tells you what all kitchen appliances can you buy and how much space you have for each one. You should get a clear layout of your kitchen and note down how much space you have for each kitchen appliance.
The design of your kitchen is also fundamental. After you have figured out the budget and functional requirements, you can decide the style and finish of the kitchen appliances that complements your kitchen design. You should also consider how their handles, knobs, or touchscreens add to the overall look you desire.
How to choose the best kitchen appliances?
Once you have answered all the above things according to your requirements and created a picture of your new kitchen, you will have to research all the different types of kitchen appliances you need. Every kitchen appliances have various features, styles, and performance that meets your needs. The most basic and commonly used kitchen appliances are Stove, Refrigerator, Microwave, Oven, and Chimney. There are also other appliances such as a blender, toaster, electric kettle, etc., but the above five kitchen appliances are the most essential and necessary for every kitchen. Let us see some factors you need to consider while choosing these commonly used kitchen appliances.
- The first thing you need to decide is whether you are opting for a freestanding stove or a built-in stove. Built-in stoves save up extra space in the kitchen but are expensive to install and repair. Whereas, a freestanding stove is cheaper than built-in ones but takes more space.
- The second thing you need to consider is the size of the stove you require. Depending on your family size and type of food you cook, you can choose how many burners you want.
- The third thing you need to do is select the colour, material, and finish of your gas stove. You should choose a furnace that goes well with the interiors of your kitchen.
- The first thing you need to decide is the type of refrigerator you want. Fridges come in many configurations such as top freezer, bottom freezer, or slide-by-side. Top freezer models are the most energy-efficient of all refrigerator configurations and are affordable.
- The second thing you need to consider is choosing the appropriately sized refrigerator. Generally, larger refrigerators consume more energy than smaller ones. The most efficient ones are typically 16 to 20 cubic feet.
- The third thing you need to decide is which features are essential for you. Refrigerators have many elements such as icemaker, through-the-door ice, or hot water. Depending on your preferences, you can choose the best type of refrigerator for you.
Microwave and Oven
- The first thing you need to decide is the size of your oven or microwave. Depending on the number of people in your family, you can choose the correct size for you. For example, if you have 2 or 3 family members, then a small size oven or microwave with 18 to 20 litres of capacity would be the best. Whereas, if you have a large family, then you would need one with at least 20 to 23 litres capacity.
- The second thing you need to consider is whether you want an automatic sensor or not. Having an electronic sensor in your microwave and oven helps in preventing the overheating of food and shuts down the appliance automatically when it feels the food is cooked.
- The third thing you need to consider is the power rating of your oven and microwave. Higher power rating means, lesser cooking time.
- The first thing you need to decide is the type of chimney you need. There are Wall-mounted chimneys, Island chimneys, Built-in chimneys, and corner chimneys. Depending on the space available in your kitchen, you can choose the best type.
- The second thing you need to consider is the type of kitchen chimney filters you want. The most commonly used filters are Cassette filter, Baffle filter and Carbon filter.
- The third thing you need to consider is the suction power of your chimney. For a smaller home, you can get a fireplace with a suction power of 500 to 600 m3/hour, whereas a large home needs one with a suction power of 700 to 1000 m3/hour.
How can you become a smart and stress-free buyer?
Investing time in making an original plan and doing your research on different types of kitchen appliances can ensure that your new kitchen will be a success. Many brands manufacture various types of kitchen appliances. It is why it can be confusing to choose the best brand for you.
The first thing you need to do if you want to buy smart is to compare different brands and read reviews. There are many websites on the Internet which let you compare different brands or products, and also recommends the best products according to your needs and budget. They give genuine and unbiased recommendations after doing in-depth research about all products in each category. You can use these websites to compare different kitchen appliances and find out the best ones in the market. Make sure that you choose energy star rated kitchen appliances because that will help you in saving money and increase your home energy efficiency. Also, you will make a small contribution to making the environment better.
The second thing you need to do is visit retail stores or showrooms to test the kitchen appliances you have chosen. Nothing is better than a live demonstration for understanding the working of different devices. Using the kitchen appliance before buying will let you know if you are comfortable using it and whether or not it is the right fit for your kitchen.
The last thing you need to do is to select the best place for buying your kitchen appliances. You have two options, either you can buy them in physical stores, or you can buy them in online stores. You should look for a place that offers the maximum discount and the best deal on kitchen appliances. Generally, online stores will give you more discounts and better offers, but you should still check out the physical stores for special offers.