Best Selling Mountain Bikes Under $300
Mountain biking is an exhilarating experience that is much enjoyed world over. It is a great feeling to climb on a bike and go on a long hike with friends and fellow adventure lovers. While biking as a necessity is embraced by people in various countries, however, it has caught the fancy of adventure lovers and fitness enthusiasts lately. This has led more and more people to consider the purchase of the best mountain bikes under 300 among various other considerations.
Taking a hike atop the mountains is a blissful experience, however, just like any other adventure sport, this too has its own set of precautions to be followed. While considering a trip to the hills, you need to check the safety features as a top priority. This includes a nice, comfortable, and efficient mountain bike. As you are entitled to fly-free while exploring, it is also necessary to ensure that you have your machine by your side. There are various aspects to consider when looking for a bike, and with the market overflowing with options one can often get confused with the choices. However, listed here are a few best options in the category for you to try out. These have been reviewed to help you with your next purchase.
Best Mountain Bikes Under $300 Review
While quality comes with a price, however, many brands have placed quality before the price tag and have done a great job in the customer’s satisfaction. Let us explore the list for the best mountain bikes under $300 and see what sets them apart from each other:
1. Omya Power 26 inches Full suspension Mountain Bike
- 💠Product size: 26 inches ; Product folding size: 94x88x38cm/37x34x15in ; Product packaging size:...
- 💠F/derailleur: Shimanos TZ-30; R/derailleur: Shimanos TZ-50; Shifter: Shimanos 51-7; Freewheel: 7...
This is a great bike if you have a workout on your mind. The best part about this omya power 26 in 21-speed full suspension bike is the fact that it allows 3 spoke magnesium wheels that one might expect from a mountain bike designed for perfect control over rough terrains. This makes wheels more durable and lightweight. The mountain bike has mechanical disc brakes. The bike can be easily folded and thus making it occupying less space. The three knife wheels, high carbon steel frame, 21-speed full suspension disc and few more great features make this bike easy to maneuver and control as required by bike-lovers and fitness enthusiasts.
- 21-speed full suspension MTB Bike
- Features the three knife wheels
- Also includes the Tolan disc / MTB brakes
- Features the high carbon foldable steel frame
- Handle bar is made of black shark 31.8, four nail-combination
- A good product from a trusted brand
- Lightweight and easy to manage
- Can be used by men and women, both
- Fashionable frame
- Occupies less space
- Issues with the warranty services reported
A great bike for a quick and responsive control making it a good choice for the seasoned bikers. However, not recommended for beginners as advertised, as this can cause a problem in being able to manage the features. With a few issues regarding the features, which can be dealt with, overall a great buy.
2. Takara Kabuto Single Speed Road Bike
- Steel frame and fork; 54 centimeter top tube
- Alloy rims with alloy hub
This is an attractive mountain bike with steel frames and some of the best features included. Ranked at #19 by Road Bikes, the product has been much preferred by bikers for various functions.
The Technical Details:
- Comprises of 54 centimeters top tube
- Made from the Alloy rims with alloy hub
- Features the Tig-welded steel frame along with horizontal drop out
- The bike Weighs 29.5 pounds
- This is a good bike within a budget
- Easy to manage
- Overall the product is lightweight
- No tools include with the product
- Issues with the brakes have been reported
- The product weighs on the higher side
Overall a good purchase on a budget and you get a bike which is reliable and easy to control. This is perfect if you are dealing with speed issues and will offer you the much-wanted high speed you desire. The features are good and efficient making it a much-wanted product by the bike enthusiasts.
3. Diamondback Bicycles Octane Youth Mountain Bike
- Hl Zoom 40mm travel fork soaks up rocks and roots for more comfort and control in rough terrain
- Shimano Tourney 1x6 speed drivetrain provides smooth shifting and six speeds to keep things simple...
This is a cool-looking mountain bike with an attractive unique design that sets it apart from the rest. With the durable Aluminium frame and great features, this is one of the most sought-after bikes by users. With its promise to endure rough handling and tough players, this product makes for the perfect choice if you are looking for a bike for young adults.
- The bike includes a 40 mm travel fork which ensures smooth sails through rough terrains.
- The bike also features the Shimano Tourney 1×6 speed drivetrain which offers swift shifting requirements
- Includes six different speed options to choose from when on a trail.
- The complete dimension of the bike is 48.03″ L x 7.87″ W x 24.8″ H
- The bike is durable and perfect for the kids.
- The assembling process is simple
- A great choice for an entry-level bike for kids.
- Lightweight and easy to manage by young adults.
- There have been issues reported with the wheels
- No Kickstand included in the package
- Issues with the brake pads have been reported in a few cases
This is a great-looking bike for kids and has all the features that one might expect from a bike of this kind. However, with a few issues regarding some of the features might need to be looked at. Overall a nice buy for beginners and can be assembled easily as well.
4. Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike with 26-Inch Wheels, with Steel Frame, 7-Speed Shimano Drivetrain, and Mechanical Disc Brakes
- Mongoose Supersized beach cruiser 26 inches X 4 inches knobby tires
- Cruiser design frame with plenty of clearance to conquer any terrain
Made to ensure that you get the attention you deserve, this bike is all about good looks and great features. With unique-looking huge tires and some of the best-placed features for safety, the brand house of Mongoose Malus brings to you one of the best mountain bikes under $300.
The Technical Details:
- The product comprises of a Steel cruiser frame
- Features the super-sized 4” wide tires.
- It offers the option of 7 speed levels to choose from depending upon the terrain.
- Also includes the Threadless headset.
- This is a great option for rough terrain
- The bike is lightweight and easy to manage
- The low gears make it a perfect option for beginners
- Cost-effective and within the budget
- The seats might require paddlings
- Requires to be greased before the first ride
- The packaging needs improvement
This is a great option for a good-looking bike within the budget. While a more experienced biker will require to upgrade it with new parts, beginners are going to love the basic ones. Overall a great buy within budget and you can also use it in any terrain.
5. Takara Sugiyama Flat Bar Fixie Bike
- Tig Welded Steel Frame and Fork
- 700c Alloy Wheels
This is a good-looking bike with a stylish design and great features. With the overall strong frame and the lightweight, the product has been much in demand in recent times. As the structure of the bike is favorable, it can be used for workouts, hiking and commuting.
The Technical Details:
- Made from the Tig Welded steel frames and fork
- Includes the 700 cc Alloy wheels
- Features the flat bar style handlebar
- Includes the front and rear hand brakes
- Includes flip-flop hub
- Fixed gear included
- Also features freewheel
- Lightweight and easy to manage
- From a good brand
- Cost-effective and within budget
- Offers good control over the speed
- Issues with the stickers coming off reported
- Not suitable for long trips
- There have been missing pedals reported when packed.
This is a good buy on a budget and makes for a wonderful ride option for flat roads. However, you might want to reconsider taking this machine along on long trips or mountain hikes as it might not live up to your expectations. A good buy within budget and recommended for easy commute options.
6. Bavel Aluminum 21 Speed
- Bavel aluminum road frame with aluminum road fork
- A070 derailleur and A070 shifts makes it easy to change gears quickly and smoothly
Ranked at #28 in Road Bikes, this is a great product that offers easy maintenance and reliable features. As it arrives semi-assembled, it does not require much effort in doing the rest. This is one of the recommendations in the mountain bike buying guide for the safety and efficiency it offers to the biker.
- Made from ALuminium frame
- Includes the EF-500 Shifter and TY-300 derailleur
- Features freewheel and disc brakes
- Comprises of Quick release front and rear wheels
- Includes the Prowheel Crankset
- Features the 21 Speed derailleur
- The bike offers easy adjustment features
- The bike is semi-assembled and can be managed by any user
- The disc brakes are smooth as compared to other bikes
- Can be used by bikers of all heights
- Does not include absorber
- Does have a weight issue and can be a problem for some users
- Seats are not as comfortable as they should be
A good buy within a budget with all the basic to medium-advanced features one expects out of a mountain bike. However, there might be a few adjustments that you will have to comply with to fit it as per your likings. Overall a lightweight easy to manage bike which makes it a must-buy for the beginners and seasoned players alike.
7. 6KU Aluminum Fixed Gear Single-Speed
- Lightweight Full Aluminum Frame and Fork
- 0mm Deep V Double-Walled Alloy Wheels
Being lightweight, the 6KU Aluminum Fixed Gear Single-Speed is a much-preferred choice by bikers for both working out and moving about. The stylish design and advanced features make it a safe choice when going for long commutes and tough terrains. The product is much-loved and has been regularly featured among the list for the best bikes.
- The bike comprises the Aluminium frame and fork.
- Includes the Flip-flop hub allowing you to switch between settings of the wheels
- Features the Riser Handlebars which offers good control.
- Also includes One gear Drivetrain
- The product is lightweight and easy to control
- Stylish to suit the more outgoing riders who love colors
- Maintenance is not a problem
- Includes free tools
- The issue with the pedals being too large has been reported
- The wheel reflectors are slightly wobbly
- No place to mount the front reflector
A must-buy from a reputable brand within a budget, along with all the features required for a safe ride. This is perfect if you like a safe adventure and want your bike to be in total control of the roads. The bike is lightweight and strong enough to survive the long trails.
8. Schwinn Volare Adult Hybrid Road Bike
- Lightweight Schwinn aluminum road frame and rigid fork supply quick, responsive riding
- 14-speed Shimano A050 shifters and a Shimano rear derailleur for precise, quick gear changes
This is one of the most wanted products from a reputed brand that promises safety and good features. This is one of the best mountain bikes under $300 and offers the balance and stability that one requires from a bike. With the much-desired rigid frame, this is one of the best ones for you to practice your balance and control on.
- Made from the Aluminium rigid frame and rigid forks.
- Features the flat styled handlebar and sports style riding seats
- Comprises of 21 Speeds and Shimano rear derailleur
- Also includes EZ Fire shifters
- Includes limited lifetime warranty
- Product from a reputed brand
- Good-looking with a stylish finish
- Well within budget
- The parts are not as well-fitted or of good quality
- The seat is hard
- The freewheel is kind of loose fitted
- The handlebar grips can be improved
Being ranked at #15 in Road Bikes, this is one of the most trusted products within a budget. Not exactly meant for mountain riding, but a great buy for the everyday commute. This is a good option but might require upgrading and proper fittings in the long run for a more trusted ride.
9. Schwinn Discover Hybrid Bikes for Men and Women
- Schwinn suspension fork. Schwinn alloy crank, City rise adjustable stem with back sweep handlebar....
- 21-speed SRAM grip shifter and Shimano rear derailleur mean that pedaling up a hill is easier. Alloy...
One of the most preferred mountain bikes with tons of features for an enhanced riding experience makes this a must-buy. This is a good product of high quality when considering the budget it falls under. The stylish design and the overall finish make it a much-preferred choice amongst the riders of all ages, heights, and backgrounds. This is dual-purpose, i.e both for commuting and taking a hike on the hills.
- Features 21 speed SRAM grip
- Includes the Shimano rear derailleur
- Also features the Alloy Twist Shifters
- Features fenders to keep the dirt-off
- Is a Medium/18 inch Step over Frame
- Features an adjustable stem, making it easy to use for riders of all sizes
- The back sweep handlebar makes it easy to control when riding
- The automatic grips with dual density construction make it a good buy
- A good budget buy
- Not for a too short-statured person
- Front fork and seat suspension are stiff and jerky
- Slightly heavy
- The issue with the wheel rims have been reported in some cases
This is a good buy on a budget and offers the kind of reliability one expects from a reputed brand. The fittings are good, but might require a little bit of brushing-up and the bike is delivered semi-assembled. Overall a great buy and can be taken for a trip to the mountains or to work on the road.
10. Kent GZR700 Road Bike
Ranked at #3 in Road Bikes, this is one of the most desired bikes preferred by riders of all types. As the bike is lightweight and includes easy-to-manage features, this makes for one of the most preferred when starting out or planning an adventure alike. The safety measures are well-met, making it a reliable fun partner on a long trial.
- The frame size is 54 cm in total
- The tires include are of 700 X 32 c type
- Features Alloy seat post
- Offers the Shimano 21 Speed
- The bike features 36 Spoke Alloy Rims
- Also includes the Alloy caliper brakes
- The bike has the Shimano Rear Derailleur
- Lightweight and easy to manage
- The bike is from a reputed brand
- Easy to assemble
- Good for those who are on a budget
- Problem reported at the bearings in the back hub
- The front wheel is slightly wobbly
- The instruction manual is tough to understand
This is a great bike on a budget and is usually featured among the list of the best bikes of all time. The product arrives semi-assembled making it easy for you. While there might be a few fitting problems, they can be fixed by taking it to a local bike shop or by yourself. Overall a good buy if you need to go on a hike or cycle your way to work.
The Benefits Of Mountain Biking
Mountain biking is pure bliss when it comes to enjoying the wilderness at its best. There are many benefits of this activity and it has caught the fancy of many people from across the globe.
- Cardio-workout Benefits: The foremost is the fitness it offers which is the best of its kind. When a person indulges in mountain biking, all the muscles of the body are ‘alive’ and alert. This offers the body the kind of overall workout that one needs. Also, the heart rate goes up, giving you the cardio-workout that you need. The best aspect of mountain biking is the workout it offers to the legs, toning them up and keeping them strong.
- Works as a stress buster: The other major benefit is the de-stress it offers. When you are on a trail and are free into the wild, there is nothing better than the wind hitting your face and the sun shining down. The feel and the fragrance of the fresh greenery around lifts the mood in no time. When a person indulges in mountain biking, the intense workout also results in a great sleep at the end of the day. This goes a long way in enhancing the immunity of the body and fighting illnesses.
- Mind-body coordination: The other major benefit of the activity is the mind-body coordination it offers. This is one of the best ways to ensure that your brain is at the top of its game as the activity allows enhanced functioning and sound health.
- Improve your immunity: There also have been reports that suggest that the act of mountain biking is great for the joints and makes them strong and also frees them up in the long run. Overall, the sport is much recommended as it allows better endurance, improved cardiovascular health, and improved immunity.
- Help in maintaining the metabolism: Some reports have suggested that mountain biking also increases the metabolism in the body. This is of great benefit, as improvements in metabolism refer to more calories being burned, clearer mind, less exhaustion rates, and a life of overall good health. This is a great way to feel fresh and healthy throughout the day and enjoy the ‘hormonal rush’ that offers the much wanted ‘healthy high’.
- Improved productivity as it freshens the mind: While these are the physiological benefits of mountain biking, there are also various physiological benefits as well. One gets the feeling of extreme freedom as they whizz past nature. The feel of the wind and the proximity with nature makes biking a pure bliss. This in turn ‘conditions’ your mind to get in touch with nature at the deeper level. This in turn helps the one develop their sense of self-confidence and an overall increase in productivity. This feeling of pure bliss translates into much-needed positivity which is a great personality trait. It has been observed that ‘bikers’ are loving and giving people who are very much into community work. They have a helping nature and have associated themselves with raising funds for various good causes.
One beneficial aspect of biking is that it is a community in itself, where bikers from various backgrounds get together for their common love of biking. Here people from various nationalities get together and exchange new ideas and perspectives to life. One will find themselves in a pool of great and long-lasting friendships that are positive at more than one level.
When Buying a Mountain Bike:
There are a few factors that one must bear in mind when purchasing the best mountain bike under $300. Let us take a look:
The Right Research
Be sure of your requirements before you decide on a mountain bike. This requires a good amount of research and also check the online reviews of various products.
Too Many Choices
Try not to get too confused with the number of choices that are offered at the market. Most often, people get confused with the choices that are offered making it tough for themselves to make a purchase. Look for the features that you need and do not fall prey to attractive advertisements.
Know Your Needs
Before you jump into buying the bike of your dreams it is important to understand your own body and its requirements. There will be times when a particular mountain bike will look perfect for you but will not support your frame. Understand your height and its limits as not all bikes are designed to support all heights.
The Bike Type
Not all bikes are of the same type and not all bikes are meant to function alike. There are about 9 bike types that are available and are made to cater to a certain function type. Be sure to know your requirements and buy the relevant model rather than just buying a bike that everyone is purchasing.
The Travel Type
What is the main function of buying a bike? Be sure to understand the true requirement of your bike and purchase the right model accordingly. There are some which are quite advanced and might not suit an everyday commute requirement. Others are too basic for a hike and might not support the long ride. To understand the features and the relevance it has for you.
The Frame Material
The top material is that of Steel, Carbon, and titanium which are used accordingly as per the bike type. It is also the material used that decides the weight of the bike. Also the prices of bikes are determined by the kind of material that is used in their making. Buy a mountain bike that you can easily handle rather than just by looking at its design. This goes a long way in offering you good riding experience.
Mountain biking is a great activity and helps the rider in a long way. There are different variations, types and brands available in the category, however, one must choose wisely. There are various factors that one needs to consider to be able to get the most out of a mountain bike and keeping in mind the mountain bike buying guide helps a lot in making the right decisions. While the makes and the design are a great way to choose a bike, it is also necessary to understand the importance of your safety first. The right kind of features, fittings, and the makes go a long way in offering you the perfect riding partner.