Best Selling Air Compressor for Impact Wrench
There comes a time when you have an impact wrench for work but lack an ideal air compressor. If you can relate to the situation, this blog is for you. First of all, you are not the only one on this boat. There are many people who face the same situation. Some encounter problem in the working of their new impact wrench with the existing air compressor and some don’t even have one.
Regardless of which situation you are in, our list of best air compressor for impact wrench will help you find a solution. We know that an impact wrench demands more air and thus, we have prepared this list based on the suitability of using it with an impact wrench without hassle.
Here are five top air compressors suitable for impact wrenches. Check out one that suits your requirements the best!
Best Air Compressor for Impact Wrench Review
1. California Air Tools 10020C Ultra Quiet Oil-Free and Powerful Air Compressor
- Ultra Quiet only 70 Decibels
- Oil-Free Pump for Less Maintenance & Costs
To top the list is the California Air Tools, one of the most known air compressor manufacturers. The best thing about the products of this brand is its ultraquiet nature. The California Air Tools 10020C is among the best examples on this list. It produces a low sound of 70dB, which offers a perfect working environment for people who are noise conscious. An amazing feature of this machine is that it works with an oil-free pump.
You may be aware of the fact that most oil-free air compressors are super-loud and not-so-durable than their oil-lubricated equivalents. However, this is not the case with the California Air Tools Powerful Air Compressor. Additionally, the oil-free pump is hard-wearing.
The air tank of the 10020C model is around 10 gallons, which is double the popular Makita MAC5200. It maintains consistent workflow fro the functioning of an impact wrench. Not just this, the air compressor produces an air volume of 5.30 CFM at 90PSI. It is more than sufficient for a ½” impact wrench.
Talking about its motor, it only has 2.0HP, which is not as powerful as other models included in the list of best air compressor for impact wrench. This results in a long time taken to fill the tank. The unit measures 82.5 pounds in weight and it is one of the lightest among the air compressors mentioned here.
So, if you desire to have an ultraquiet, lightweight durable air compressor for your impact wrench, this can be your ultimate choice.
- Oil-free pump
- 82.5 pounds in weight
- Produces only 72dB noise
- 10 Gallon tank capacity
- Produces 6.40 CFM at 40 PSI and 5.30 CFM at 90 PSI
- Exerts maximum air pressure of 125PSI
- Lightweight and durable
- Produces minimum noise
- Affordable rate for a 10 gallons air compressor
- Not very powerful
Why we like it
- It is an ultraquiet air compressor that produces only 70dB of noise.
- The machine comes with a tank capacity of 10 Gallon which is more than enough for an impact wrench.
- It is lightweight that makes it portable.
2. DeWalt DXCMPA1982054 20-Gallon Portable Air Compressor
- 7.0 CFM at 40 psi and 5.7 CFM at 90 psi
- 155 PSI max pressure for optimum tool performance
The next on the list is from DeWalt, the DXCMPA1982054 model. It is a versatile, reliable and durable air compressor for your impact wrench. The machine with 20 gallons tank capacity offers sufficient airflow for the functioning of multiple impact wrenches at the same time. It generates an air volume of 5.7CFM at 90PSI, which is perfect for ½ impact wrench to function properly. The maximum air pressure it can reach is 155PSI.
This DeWalt unit boasts of a twin-cylinder pump that has a valve plate and coated head. These are significant elements to ensure that the heat produced during the process is dispelled fast. Moreover, the model comes with a high-flow regulator that enables more rotation. It makes it ideal for heavy-duty tasks, such as taking out bolts and nuts.
Additionally, this unit functions using a dual-voltage motor that enables the engine to operate normally with two distinct voltage levels. Its tank is built horizontally and it also has a wheel kit, making it highly portable. Talking about its price, it might be a little too expensive if you are not planning on using it for multiple impact wrenches.
However, it can be a good investment for people who are regularly into heavy-duty tasks. You need not doubt its versatility and durability. It is a perfect industrial air compressor excellent for both light and heavy-duty purposes.
- 1.9HP motor
- Twin-cylinder pump
- Maximum air pressure reaches up to 155PSI
- Tank capacity of 20 gallon
- 7.0CFM at 40PSI and 5.7CFM at 90PSI
- Can manage both light and heavy-duty tasks
- Comes with a robust dual-voltage motor
- Perfect for using with multiple impact wrenches
- Highly portable
- A bit expensive
- Not good for irregular uses
Why we like it
- It is a perfect choice for people who will use it for industrial purposes.
- The tool comes with a tank capacity of 20 gallon, which enables high air-flow while its operating.
- It can be used with multiple impact wrenches at the same time.
3. Industrial Air IL1682066.MN 20-Gallon Belt Driven Air Compressor
- 1. 6 HP, dual-Voltage, induction motor wired for standard 120-Volt outlet and convertible to...
- 135 max psi
Industrial Air is an air compressor manufacturer known for designing large-size compressors. The IL1682066.MN model features a 20 gallons air tank, which promises consistent working time with a ½” impact wrench. This feature enables you to use it with multiple impact wrenches simultaneously. The unit operates on a 1.6HP motor, which is not so appealing. But, the V-twin cylinder covers it for the flaw. The engine doesn’t consume excess power while making several numbers of rotations.
The highest pressure level the machine can reach is marked at 135PSI. It generates an air volume of 5.3CFM at an air pressure of 90 PSI. A half-inch impact wrench demands a minimum of 5CFM at 90PSI. So, this model from Industrial Air is an ideal option for such impact wrenches.
According to some people, these specifications might not be too impressive, but you can rest assured about its versatility and reliability. The model can handle both light and heavy-duty tasks and is perfect for professional uses.
Considering the weight of the Industrial Air air compressor model, it weighs around 155 pounds. Thankfully, it has a wheel kit to move the machine from one place to another. Another significance of buying this product is that its vertical design will take less space than the horizontal equivalents. So, if you are looking forward to buying an air compressor for an impact wrench that is reliable, durable and versatile, this is the right option for you.
- 1.6HP motor
- Maximum pressure reaches up to 135PSI
- V-Twin cylinder
- 20 gallons tank capacity
- Weighs 155 pounds
- Produces 5.3 CFM at 90 PSI and 6.2 CFM at 40 PSI
- Can manage both light and heavy-duty tasks
- Can work with multiple impact wrenches at the same time
- Saves good amount of energy when in use
- No impressive specifications
Why We like it
- The machine allows the user to work with multiple impact wrenches at a given point of time.
- It is a reliable model for both light and heavy-duty jobs.
- Despite its heavyweight, it is a portable model with the in-built wheels.
- The air compressor comes with a wheel kit, making it easy to move to the job site.
4. NorthStar Belt Drive Vertical Air Compressor
- 2 HP 115V/230V 15/7.5 Amp dual voltage induction motor
- 2-cylinder cast iron single-stage pump
The next on the list is the NorthStar Belt Vertical air compressor that will leave you amazed with its fantastic features suitable for heavy-duty tasks. So, you have not yet decided which air compressor to buy for your impact wrench? Why not try NorthStar?
If you are ready to spend money for value and quality, search no more! This product is compatible with a variety of power tools. It has a 2HP motor, a two-cylinder cast iron pump, plus a rewiring potential. The unit is constructed perfectly for all your technical requirements.
The air compressor model from NorthStar is designed for perfect durability and versatility. It allows you to work for long hours without any hassle or interruption. It features a V-twin cylinder, oil-lubrication pump. The iron heads are proof of its long service life. There are bearings placed on the crankshaft ends, making sure it offers improved support. This way, it also reduces wear and tear of the machine, which further results in reliable operation of the machine for a long period of time.
You might know that heat affects the performance and durability of the air compressor pumps. This is the reason why this model is designed based on a V-style cylinder orientation. It minimizes/eliminates hotspots and offers consistent cooling. This in turn, extends the pump’s life.
Not just this, the copper finned inter and after-coolers offer reduced heat moisture and less heat dissipation. The factors contributing to the longevity of the product is using cast iron for the pump cylinder, heads and crankcase. The oil-lubricated pump of this NorthStar air compressor helps in quiet and efficient functioning. So, there will be less noise in your house garage or job site as you use this air compressor. The product comes with a 4-year warranty.
- 20-gallon air tank
- Maximum air pressure of 135PSI
- V-style cylinder orientation
- Weighs 204 pounds
- 2HP Motors
- ASME certified air tank
- Produces noise of 80dB
- 5.0CFM at 90PSI and 6.0CFM at 40PSI
- Oil-lubricated pump
- 22X33X43 inches in dimension
- Durable and versatile
- Iron heads lead to long service life
- Compatible with a variety of power tools
- Minimum hotspots and consistent cooling
- Allows you to work for a long period of time
- Some faulty regulators
- A bit expensive
Why we like it
- It is a durable and versatile tool for heavy-duty tasks.
- The machine doesn’t make much sound and works efficiently.
- The air tank is ASME certified and enough large for carrying out the task.
5. Porter-Cable C2002 Air-Compressor
- 150 psi max tank pressure stores more air in the tank for longer tool run times
- 2.6 SCFM at 90 psi allows for quick compressor recovery time, per ISO1217
The last on the list is Porter Cable C2002 Air Compressor. It is the cheapest we have for you on the list of best air compressors for impact wrench. So, if you are looking for a pocket-friendly air compressor, this is it. Most interested buyers shortlist this Porter Cable model for its price.
However, there are a lot of other things you will like about this machine. To maintain stability, it has got a pancake compressor style. The model is available with a 13-piece accessory kit and delivers an air pressure of 2.6CFM at 90PSI. This enables a quick recovery time. It features an oil-free pump which is known to deliver maintenance-free performance.
With its extremely light weight of 30 pounds, you can easily transport the unit from one place to another. It produces a loud noise of around 82dB, which doesn’t make it a good option for crowded places. Coming to the 6-gallon air tank size, it is not very effective for heavy-duty tasks and extended periods of use.
Nevertheless, it is a good option for a beginner or someone who is looking for a budget-friendly air compressor for light-duty jobs. Be it filling tires or firing a nailer, Porter Cable C2002 can be your savior.
- Maximum air pressure of 150PSI
- Quick compressor recovery time
- 6-gallon air tank
- Water drain valve and rubber feet
- 120V system (low amp)
- Oil-free pump
- Starts easily in extreme weather conditions
- Two regulated air couplers installed
- Supports two users easily
- Weighs only 30pounds
- 8HP motor
- Produces 82dB of noise
- Pneumatic power-tool type
- 2.6CFM at 90PSI and 3.5CFM at 40 PSI
- 13-piece accessory kit for cleaning and inflation tasks
- Highly affordable
- No maintenance
- Durable and portable
- 13-piece accessories make it perfect for beginners
- Too noisy
- Not a good option for heavy-duty tasks
Why we like it
- It is a durable, lightweight and portable.
- The machine is highly powerful and maintains stability during the process.
- It is suitable for beginners.
Buying guide for the best air compressor for impact wrench
While buying an air compressor for your impact wrench, there are a few things to keep in mind. Read on.
Air tank size
Remember, the bigger the tank the better performance. In case your requirements justify using a smaller air tank compressor, such as for lighter jobs. But for a heavy-duty task, you must opt for a large air tank size. The air tank size is responsible for the amount of air flow generated while using an air compressor.
Another important factor to consider while buying an air compressor for an impact wrench is its specifications. The air flow of the machine is measured in pounds per square inch (PSI) and cubic feet per minute (CFM). Make sure the levels of these specs are not more than your impact wrench. When the CFM levels of both the machines do not match or coordinate, there are chances of malfunctioning of air compressor and delay in results.
The most important factor is price. You do not need to spend a fortune for buying an air compressor for impact wrench, you can select one from this list, products offering the best value and quality.
In a Nutshell
Now that you know about the 5 best air compressors for impact wrench, you can make a wiser decision. With these helpful information, features, pros and cons of each product, you will have a detailed idea about an ideal unit for your purpose. So, which one suits best for you?
Some of the above-mentioned air compressor models might seem a huge investment now, but you will get the assured value for the product. Nevertheless, it will be your decision and we don’t want to impose anything on you. However, do not miss going through the buying guide to make the best choice.