Are you turning to make coffee at home or in an office?
All you need is a functional espresso maker that not only works but also comes at a reasonable price.
Espresso machines now are available in diverse designs and price ranges, willing to satisfy all the population’s budget.
Though it’s not cheap to purchase an espresso machine, it may turn out economical in the long run, given that you can enjoy fresher and healthier drinks.
Since customers are seeking for high-quality but affordable models, we’ve rounded up the top 9 best espresso machines under 2000 from numerous models on the market as follows.
Most Selling Espresso Machine under $2000
Which feature do you need to consider when buying an Espresso machine?
Prices of Espresso machines vary greatly to suit different budgets. If you go for an affordable option under 2000, it’s essential to determine which feature is your top priority.
There’re seven significant types of Espresso machines that you can take into account, including:
- Manual/lever pump machines: As suggested by its name, such a model requires users to do by hand the whole process of preparing coffee. It would suit those wanting to control everything from milk frothing to espresso shot.
- Electric machines: This type boasts excellent consistency. Suppose your device produces 15 bar of pressure, every cup will receive the same force. You only need to put in the right amount of coffee grounds.
- Semi-automatic espresso machines: They enable you to experience coffee making to a certain extent. All you can do is to put coffee in the filter basket, tamp the grinds to the right pressure, and adjust the pump for the desired amount of water. Meanwhile, the machine will do the rest.
- Automatic espresso machines: Operating such tool is a breeze. Program the milk frothing and coffee strength to your liking once in the first time of use and select your programmed drink later on without any obstacles.
- Super-automatic espresso machines: This type is an upgraded model of automatic category. You do nothing apart from placing a cup under the sprout, selecting a drink, and pushing a button. It takes you no more than a few seconds to enjoy your beverage.
- Compact espresso machines: Customers with a small kitchen may fall in love with such a model at first sight. Thanks to its portability, it doesn’t take up much space as well as electricity.
Espresso machines come in different sizes. Just take into account how much room is available in your house as long as how portable you hope in such utensil. You can quickly move a small design in and out of storage while a huge one will take up a fixed space on your counter. A mid-sized construction may solve the problem if you need extra counter space for other things.
Low-priced machines usually use less durable materials with more plastic components. Such parts tend to deteriorate more quickly, thereby shortening the lifespan of your coffee making machine.
Among plastic-made models, those with a stainless-steel broiler will stand the test of time better while brewing tastier drinks.
Easy to use
Depending on your specific needs, there are different models of Espresso machines with diverse settings to choose from. You crave for simplicity, so it would be ideal for adding the coffee, and the device will do the rest. Otherwise, you may like exploring new features to fine-tune your brew.
On average, a super-automatic espresso machine is more user-friendly than its semi counterpart.
Compared to high-end models, less durable parts are likely to produce weaker espresso with less distinct flavors due to the lack of high pressure.
However, if you are not a connoisseur in coffee, its strength is enough to help you enjoy most mixed beverages.
Manufacturers of espresso machines use three major types of boilers, including aluminum, brass, and stainless steel. Each type has its plus and minus points.
Aluminum is the cheapest, but it risks corroding quickly under the influence of chloride available in tap water. Meanwhile, brass is known as the best material to make boilers thanks to its bacterial resistance and anti-corrosion. As a result, it often appears in costly Espresso machines.
A more economical choice is stainless steel. Despite facilitating bacterial development, it doesn’t allow for natural corrosion.
This feature is especially necessary for busy people. If you are stuck in tight schedules, a machine that makes your coffee quickly in the morning would be an ideal choice.
The built-in frothing feature may ask for increased maintenance, but it’s worth your investment in the long run. It enables you to create a variety of fancy coffee drinks, which is helpful in case you want to froth milk all of a sudden.
Best Espresso Making Machine Under $2000 in 2020
1. Saeco HD8927/47 PicoBaristo Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- Easily select one of 15 delicious drinks, or customize it to your taste with coffee equalizer and...
- Our Patented AquaClean water filter eliminates the need to descale for up to 5,000 cups
As the first fully-automatic espresso machine, the Saeco GranBaristo Avanti is out-of-the-world.
Compared to other products in today’s list, it provides the most significant number of drinks (18), each of them is fully customizable to suit your taste.
All is complete via your smart device via an app. You can also select suitable length, temperature, taste, and strength when brewing each drink.
On no condition do the ceramic grinders overheat, promising a perfect grinding. The new powerful boiler nearly reduces the waiting time to zero.
- Patented dual chamber carafe
- Convenient to use thanks to the app
- Removable brewing group for easy maintenance
- Quiet, smooth operation
- Extremely high price
2. CM 6110 Coffee System
It’s time to take your espresso to the next level with this CM6110 countertop coffee maker from Miele. The product is affordable for use in households, hotel lobbies, or offices’ break room.
It is worth your investment in the long run, given the time spending on queueing up, driving to the coffee shop only to be stuck in the traffic jam every morning, etc.
Now, you need to touch a button, and you can enjoy your favorite drink from cappuccinos, espresso, single or double coffees, to lattes, macchiatos, to ristretto.
Users can benefit from the AromaticSystem integrated into the CM6110 model. It creates a perfect mixture of water and ground coffee, aiming to get the most out of coffee beans and produce a more intense aroma.
The interface is customer-friendly with the equipment of 4 line LED display. You can easily interact with the machine via selecting options.
The screen is angled at your convenience, allowing you to brew your coffee quickly. There’re different symbols on the control panel representing each type of drink, which is easy to follow.
There are four programmable profiles so that you can adjust water temperature, coffee grinding coarseness, and milk amount to your liking.
The machine facilitates the addition of milk and milk foam to drinks. There is a small coffee chute that receives ground coffee rather than beans, which suits lovers of a lighter roast.
Like other products of Miele, the CM6110 coffee system applies the eco mode to reduce your electricity bill by heating the whole machine faster. Another unique feature is timer mode.
In other words, you can set the time when the device should turn on and off. It is especially helpful in the morning when you get up with a cup of already-prepared coffee.
- Various drink options
- Removable brew unit, making regular cleaning and maintenance easier
- Quiet operation
- System lock integrated to prevent naughty kids from destroying the machine
- Small capacity of 60 ounces
- Limited aroma settings
3. Jura 15097 E8 Espresso Coffee Machine
- Chrome with black accents with TFT color display
- 12 programmable specialties and 8 programmable levels of Coffee strength
Known as the ultimate bestseller automatic coffee machine of Jura, the E8 category won’t let you down.
The 15097 E8 espresso coffee machine is no exception. It features a sophisticated and elegant design, sure to blend into every space décor.
The producer gets its inspiration from the world’s top baristas, equipping the E8 models with the Pulse Extraction Process technology to optimize the extraction time. Therefore, such coffee makers will bring a variety of specialty drinks to your house’s front door at the touch of a button.
Ensuring hygiene standards is no doubt since the machine runs on built-in maintenance programs besides interchangeable milk sprout.
The Intelligent Water System makes sure you are enjoying the high-quality water while lifting the burden of using the filter.
Meanwhile, the new fine foam frother carries a fantastic feel and look. Get prepared to take a sip of latte macchiato with fine-textured foam.
Compared to previous Jura products, another innovation of the 15097 model is the increased number of specialties (12 in total). There is hot water to serve with green tea, espresso doppio, or macchiato.
You must give a wow at the appearance of the coffee maker. With an outstanding ridged design, the water tank emboldens the clear concept. The metal handle is meticulously designed while the cup grille is superbly chrome-plated.
- TFT color display
- Smart pre-brewing aroma system
- 6-level Aromag3 grinder, increasing the speed of making coffee
- Compact size
- Regular maintenance required (including the cost of additional Jura products like milk cleanser, cleansing or descaling tablets)
4. Breville BES920BSXL Dual Boiler Espresso Machine
- Dual stainless steel boilers and dual Italian pumps for simultaneous espresso extraction and...
- Over-Pressure Valve (OPV) limits extraction pressure
It will be regret if you don’t own a product from the world-leading kitchen appliance supplier Breville.
What sets the BES920BSXL espresso machine apart from its rivalry is the dual boiler heating system.
The temperature of the espresso shot is PID controlled while there’s another steam boiler that provides instant steam when necessary. In other words, you can steam milk while boiling your coffee with an optimal flavor.
The temperature control is digital, allowing users to customize precise temperature by a difference of 2⁰F, thereby extracting flavor potential to the maximum. The steam wand produces micro-foam texture for enhanced flavor, especially latte drinks.
The machine comes with an Over Pressure Valve that controls the pressure during the extraction, eliminating bitter flavors in the final drink. The auto-start setting is customizable, allowing you to set the time for pre-heating the machine.
Thanks to the LCD, programming is no difficult task. There’s a shot clock so that you have better control over the extraction timing.
The machine allows you to choose how many shots, one, two or more while selecting the desired espresso amount in your cup.
- Programmable options: temperature, shot volume, clean cycle, and autostart
- Made from durable stainless steel
- Enables extraction and frothing at the same time
- Features consistent extraction temperature
- Not easy to lock the portafilter in place
5. Delonghi ECAM23260SB Magnifica Smart Espresso & Cappuccino Maker
- The double shot feature makes your preferred drink, Just taller! It doubles the amount of Coffee and...
- Integrated STAINLESS steel burr grinder with 13 adjustable settings for whole beans and second...
The Delonghi ECAM23260SB Magnifica Smart Espresso & Cappuccino Maker brings about the best flavor of your favorite beverage at your fingertips.
It makes an ideal candidate for commercial use. Thanks to the LatteCrema system, you can enjoy perfectly layered espresso with creamy foam from start to finish. This feature is consistent across every cup.
The auto-cleaning system enhances the performance of the milk carafe, in which the machine automatically rinses thoroughly. The thermal block technology brilliantly does the job of controlling the temperature for you.
There is a small extractable brewing compartment to make sure the pressure and temperature are perfect for infusions. Also, the machine produces two shots of pre-ground coffee possible.
There’re two separate heating elements for espresso and milk preparation. Meanwhile, the machine takes little time to reheat if you want another cup.
- Produces high-quality and tasty cappuccino and espresso
- Easy to use and maintenance
- Features a foam control system to provide the desired foamy or frothy level of milk
- Includes a large water tank (1.8 liters) with a precise level indicator
- Helpful customer support from specialists
- A little bit heavy
- Impossible to clean the milk steamer manually
6. Saeco Incanto Carafe Espresso Machine HD8917/48
Saeco Incanto Carafe Super Automatic Espresso Machine with AquaClean Filter, Stainless Steel,...
- Elegant design, best materials, and high quality workmanship
- Creamy cappuccino and latte macchiato at the touch of a button thanks to detachable, hygienic milk...
- Elegant design, best materials, and high quality workmanship
- Creamy cappuccino and latte macchiato at the touch of a button thanks to detachable, hygienic milk...
With 30 years in the coffee machine industry, Saeco knows precisely what makes the best experience for coffee lovers.
The case is stainless steel, ensuring to last a long time while adding a classy look to your interior. There’s a milk carafe to help customers enjoy coffee specialties with milk at ease.
The AquaClean filter minimizes the frequency of descaling. It allows you to enjoy 5,000 cups as long as you replace the filter regularly every three months.
The advanced ion exchange technology tends to eliminate calcium in the water to improve the coffee taste.
Made from ceramic, the grinder is long-lasting while preventing the risk of over-heating coffee with a burnt taste. The whole design is a perfect combination of Italian craftsmanship and intuition.
- Removable brew group
- Super-fast heating boiler technology
- Facilitates making decaffeinated coffee
- Not fit for making coffee from grounded beans
- Not low enough spout for short glasses
- Not suitable to place under a countertop
7. Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine
- PID Temperature Controller Professionally Installed by Authoried Rancilio Technicians
- Ergonomic porta filter handle same as the proven design of Rancilio commercial machines
If you’re fond of new experiences, it makes sense to go for a semi-automatic espresso machine like this Rancilio Silvia.
It follows a traditional silver style that would blend into every surrounding, especially the industrial environment. Made from iron and stainless steel, the construction boasts a long-lasting lifespan.
Compared to other models of the same class, Silvia’s single boiler contains the most massive volume of 12 oz. Thus, it can give out incredible steaming power and shortening recovery time between shots.
It’s possible to fill the water reservoir from the top or remove it during operation. You can expect perfect latte milk thanks to the stainless-steel steam wand as long as you learn to use it properly.
The very first cups may not live up to your expectations, but once you master using the wand, the flavor of coffee is no joke.
Although an auto-frother may fit new users better, practicing using the wand can’t prevent you from having an unforgettable experience with this espresso machine.
The PID Retrofit Kit adds a PID on the front face of the machine to give users control over the boiler temperature.
- Durable with commercial design
- Includes an amazing steam wand
- Superb extraction quality and heat sustainability
- Easy to maintain
- Temperature surfing phenomenon unavoided
- Risks tiny dripping because of the vast reservoir
8. Breville BES880BSS Barista Touch Espresso Maker
- Clever Automatic Customize: Intuitive touch screen display simplifies how to make your favorite...
- Automatic Micro Foam Milk Texturing: Auto steam wand, allows you to adjust the milk temperature and...
Another name in the top 10 best espresso machines under 2000 is the Breville BES880BSS barista touch espresso maker. Its modern look and advanced features excellently make up for its high price.
The whole construction simplifies the necessary skill to make quality barista drinks so that even a total beginner runs into no trouble of operating the machine.
Depending on your specific taste, you can freely modify the coffee temperature, strength as well as milk texture. After that, you can save such adjustments under your name for later application.
The automatic steam wand promises barista-quality micro-foam while the Innovative ThermoJet heating system cuts down the waiting time of extraction temperature to 3 seconds. Now you don’t have to wait long for the next cup.
- Saves eight personalized coffees
- Easy to use with a responsive touchscreen
- Optimal espresso extraction with the Digital Temperature Control
- Coffee ground included with dose control
- A little bit costly
9. Gaggia Anima Prestige Automatic Coffee Machine
- ONE TOUCH BREWING AND FROTHING: Bean-to-cup feature with automatic milk frothing for cappuccinos,...
- PROGRAMMABLE: Programmable brewing options for lattes, cappuccinos, macchiatos and espresso;Steam...
If you’re looking for a suitable super-automatic coffee machine, then this Gaggia Anima Prestige maker should be your destination. Thanks to an auto-frothing carafe and six buttons, you can make latte and cappuccino with the Anima.
Temperature and strength settings are adjustable. It’s feasible to brew pre-ground coffee with a Bypass Doser, just in case some guests are coming over your house. The milk carafe and brew group are removable for frequent maintenance or storage.
You can choose from three different temperature options, among 177.5°, 182.9°, and 184.5°. The unique design of the bean hopper and water reservoir allows users to access them both from the top left and right of the unit.
- Produces high-quality espresso at the touch of a button
- Adjustable grinder to produce the desired bean
- Enters the low energy standby mode after one hour of being idle
- Simple to use and upkeep
- No cup warmer and steam tap included
Which is the best time to buy an espresso machine?
Websites launch promotion programs throughout the year, so you can easily get a discount. According to cyclic events such as clearing out items for new models, it’s advisable to buy espresso machines in January, May, June, November, and December. You can benefit from the best prices during these months.
Among the best espresso machines under 2000, Playcast Media would like to recommend the Miele CM6110. It is affordable, easy to operate, and customizable to cater to diverse needs.
The button on the front represented by two cups allows you to brew two cups with different strengths or blends. No more argument with your partner over which coffee should be made first!
The timer feature is a plus point for those busy in the morning. You can set the time of on the machine switching from the previous evening so that you can enjoy coffee in time in the next morning.
Before you leave
Rushing out to café shop or gulping down instant drinks is something of the past.
With an espresso machine, a cup of tasty coffee awaits you every morning while you can save your time and money. Playcast Media hope this list of the best espresso machines under 2000 helps you become wise customers.
Please share this post to your fellow coffee lovers. Don’t forget to ask us anything troubling you choosing the right espresso brewer.